• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But I thought we were having trouble anyway with UK Mail envelopes, they never have a postmark on them either ?

I don't understand what you mean here? Edit: Sorry just realised. UK Mail stuff doesn't get Royal Mail postmarked. The mailer MBNA used isn't UK Mail.

Should not all Royal Mail including business replies, have at least a cancelled mark if not date stamp or postmark.?

Remember this was 2003 before UK Mail, TNT et al.

Also I know having no creditor signature is not a 127(3) deal but it helps 127(1) ... or could the 'squiggle' top LH corner constitute a creditors sig.??

Edited by basa48

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noted, I have alerted the site team.

thanks for heads up on this, must make sure we keep complete anonimity

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

thanks for heads up on this, must make sure we keep complete anonimity

That's a problem of people posting letters sent to CCCs and DCAs etc, which may be uniquely identifiable.

We should all be conscious even of reporting letters received as they too could be uniquely identifiable.

We all must be defensive and 'generic' in reporting individual communications.

I don't honestly see the issue in banks seeing what you've written, assuming you don't give them info they can use against you.

For instance, I would think twice before writing in big bold letters that a DN was ineffective if I hadn't received a termination notice, as it would give them a chance to rectify it. Other legal points are also possibly best kept under wraps for a while to ensure the best use when they are disclosed.

Other things however, I really couldn't care less about - so they see a letter I'm going to send a few days before I actually send it; what will that make them do? They won't sit there devising a different reply tactic, and it doesn't give them any ammo against me as long as my points are valid and correct (as far as I can see anyway?) With any luck they'll think 'bl**dy hell, has she not given up yet - this is pointless to carry on, we may as well give up now';) I'm sure it'll happen one day:lol:

Is there really a big issue with this though, as quite honestly we're all being massive pains in the ar*e to them anyway as customers, so they're already treating us to their 'special' customer service (ie none) - would it get worse if they categorically knew what was coming next, or who we were?

Only my opinion obviously - please tell me if I'm missing the point though:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

What annoys me about MBNA, is they take 6 months to reply to an SAR, send a copy of my agreement which isn't actually a copy of my agreement and ignore my letters. They have rung me up at 5am and 6am and tonight again while I was having my dinner and then tell me I am being awkward because I don't want to speak to them and want everything put in writing.

Just wanted to vent.....

I don't honestly see the issue in banks seeing what you've written, assuming you don't give them info they can use against you.

For instance, I would think twice before writing in big bold letters that a DN was ineffective if I hadn't received a termination notice, as it would give them a chance to rectify it. Other legal points are also possibly best kept under wraps for a while to ensure the best use when they are disclosed.

Other things however, I really couldn't care less about - so they see a letter I'm going to send a few days before I actually send it; what will that make them do? They won't sit there devising a different reply tactic, and it doesn't give them any ammo against me as long as my points are valid and correct (as far as I can see anyway?) With any luck they'll think 'bl**dy hell, has she not given up yet - this is pointless to carry on, we may as well give up now';) I'm sure it'll happen one day:lol:

Is there really a big issue with this though, as quite honestly we're all being massive pains in the ar*e to them anyway as customers, so they're already treating us to their 'special' customer service (ie none) - would it get worse if they categorically knew what was coming next, or who we were?

I think it is always wise to be a bit wary of discussing tactics until after the issue.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What annoys me about MBNA, is they take 6 months to reply to an SAR, send a copy of my agreement which isn't actually a copy of my agreement and ignore my letters. They have rung me up at 5am and 6am and tonight again while I was having my dinner and then tell me I am being awkward because I don't want to speak to them and want everything put in writing.

Just wanted to vent.....

???!!! - complain to everyone!!! that's not on at all and they know it.

I think it is always wise to be a bit wary of discussing tactics until after the issue.:-)

I completely agree with that (hence the pm's you get when I need a bit of advice and can't post:D), I just don't feel there's too much point being overly paranoid about letters etc, as they're going to be seeing them in a few days anyway when they get sent:)

as they're going to be seeing them in a few days anyway when they get sent:)

Plus it shows how caring you are to give them advance warning of the bomb that is about to explode on their desk in a couple of days. :D

Just had a thought, perhaps that is why you only get low level staffers who have problems cutting and pasting replies, replying to you :-|

The top management get advance warning of one of your letters and take unscheduled sick leave or accrued holidays :D:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just wanted to vent.....

Buy that whistle we mentioned earlier;):D

I just think sometimes if they read your posts and can identify you, they can see any discussion as to future strategy.

But then as you say if you are sure of your arguments, knowing a few days in advance isn't going to make whole lot of difference to them. They always have time to work out defence tactics anyway - as do we! :D

I still think it prudent to not give too much away if it is avoidable.

hello all

I sent a cca request on the 1 march not heard a peep until this morning, a letter stating they are sending me the documents I have requested seperatly and could I sign this form and send £10 for a sar!!!!

Me thinks they hav'nt got anything with hubby's signature on!! anyone else had a letter like that

x

Of course you can always spread a little disinformation about yourself to confuse them;)

You know I'd just end up confusing myself:D It doesn't take much to do it:lol:

hello all

I sent a cca request on the 1 march not heard a peep until this morning, a letter stating they are sending me the documents I have requested seperatly and could I sign this form and send £10 for a sar!!!!

Me thinks they hav'nt got anything with hubby's signature on!! anyone else had a letter like that

x

Nope:) I'd just clarify with them what documents they've already sent and (assuming it's the agreement) tell them you don't want an SAR.

Of course you might have wanted to do one in addition to the CCA anyway, in which case they've saved you a bit of time and effort and you may as well send a tenner and a - heavily patterned so it can't be lifted - signature.

You know I'd just end up confusing myself:D It doesn't take much to do it:lol:

Snap, one of these days I'm going to sign a work email "The Shadow", I only chose the name cos its the worst film I've ever seen :-)

S.

If it helps I have an exact original application from 03/04 with the Essex address on?

I will dig it out.....

main man

Did you manage to find that original application ??

hello all

x

Please do yourself a favour and use one of our beloved 'authorative bodies' to make them send it. The ICO online is very easy to use and they got me my SAR after 3 months and the more requests they get the better, and you are seen to have gone through the right channels. Pick it apart when you get it if you can, if not, complain again :smile:

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

:lol: As long as you remember your name and where you live, I wouldn't worry too much about the rest;)

S'ok, I have that written on my mittens in case I get lost:)

:lol: As long as you remember your name and where you live, I wouldn't worry too much about the rest;)

S'ok, I have that written on my mittens in case I get lost:)

Ah, but do you have the string from each mitten going through your sleeves so you dont lose them :p

BCOBS

Ah, but do you have the string from each mitten going through your sleeves so you dont lose them :p

:lol::lol::lol:

That brightened up the day - I got a horrible coming-to-get-you letter this morning - (will update my thread.)