All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh mine was from optima legal on behalf of MBNA.

I've had Aegis and RMA chasing me, but I think they gave up, least not heard from them for a while and MBNA seem to have taken over.

I m at stage of 'threatened legal action'. Can anyone tell me does the signature of the person selling me the card on the application form constitute the lenders signature. The agreement they sent me May 2005 looks similar to others i.e application form with half page t&c s on the back.:|

I m at stage of 'threatened legal action'. Can anyone tell me does the signature of the person selling me the card on the application form constitute the lenders signature. The agreement they sent me May 2005 looks similar to others i.e application form with half page t&c s on the back.:|

I would say any signature of the creditors staff would constitute a lenders signature yes. I don't know if where it appears is significant (the one on mine looks like a signature stamp in the top right hand corner together with what looks like a date stamp at the top of the form).

My application with t&cs on the back with the address panel above it is virtually illegible. How is yours?

Just write and ask MBNA how they are protecting your data overseas when they give your details to Aegis. I did and I never heard from them again. To be fair I had had a few international sales calls which started up just after the account was passed to them, so it was pretty damn obvious they were passing OH's info around (which I also mentioned).

Interestingly, if you have a look on (I think) the ICO's site, it's stated that there are only a few places/countries which have to adhere to data protection laws that we have. Mumbai was not one of them.

I do wonder if anything could be done about that - you sign up for data protection, but they then sell/pass your information to a company in a country that needn't abide by the laws you signed up to. How does that work??

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hello

You've just done it:)

If you want to start a new thread rather than just replying to a post, go the the main forum page, find the title that most matches what you need (ie MBNA), then once you're in that bit of the forum just click on the 'new thread' button (looks just like the 'post reply' one).

Lexis:)

I have had a response from MBNA which says, here is a copy of teh executed agreement (which there wasn't), but which also had the sentence " A copy of the signed credit card application form and agreement is not available due to archive retrieval issues.

Now my first thought is that if they say they can't get it out of the system, who is to know if they have it or not. If I don't know whether or not they have it, how can I take them to court to get the acount ruled unenforceable.

A complaint to the ICO will be pointless.

Anybody else had this, and what did you do.

Oh what a classic, these people never fail to surprise me with their lame excuses.

How about, a reply of " I am therefore unable to supply payment against this account, which I do not acknowledge as I have run out ink in my pen"

• Haha 1

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Oh what a classic, these people never fail to surprise me with their lame excuses.

How about, a reply of " I am therefore unable to supply payment against this account, which I do not acknowledge as I have run out ink in my pen"

haha thats just given me my first laugh of the day... rep added just for that alone :-)

S.

Thatch007, I am now jealous of anyone who has had a response from MBNA having had nothing since starting the 'in dispute' process at the end of February 09!

I am hoping it means they also have nothing to send to me.

Thatch007, I am now jealous of anyone who has had a response from MBNA having had nothing since starting the 'in dispute' process at the end of February 09!

I am hoping it means they also have nothing to send to me.

I am sure many MBNA victims will be more than happy to share with you :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

All I keep getting is the standard, we are investigating your claim so give us another couple of months until we can source new ink for our John Bull set excuse. Even RMA/NCO have given up without so much as a fight. I'm now sitting tight and waiting for their next move.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi everyone

Yes basa mine is unintelligible too.

Interesting thing i read on liberty/know your rights website which stated that ref to data protection act-if the data controller at the credit company states that they refuse to give you copies of your data you can request to visit the data controllers premises-is this right?

Im also gettting confused. Can an application with t&c on the back be enforceable in court. Important as i m on the road to this(threatened with legal action by mbna).

Just write and ask MBNA how they are protecting your data overseas when they give your details to Aegis. I did and I never heard from them again. To be fair I had had a few international sales calls which started up just after the account was passed to them, so it was pretty damn obvious they were passing OH's info around (which I also mentioned).

Interestingly, if you have a look on (I think) the ICO's site, it's stated that there are only a few places/countries which have to adhere to data protection laws that we have. Mumbai was not one of them.

I do wonder if anything could be done about that - you sign up for data protection, but they then sell/pass your information to a company in a country that needn't abide by the laws you signed up to. How does that work??

Hiya Lexis I did that with them when I sent a doorstep/Harrasment letter added about data protection ect and as you never heard from them again!!! Not had a peep until last week when they "thought "they'd sent hubby's cca then strangely enough got a few calls all logged of course!! SAR getting sent later:D

Sounds to me then like they're well aware of the dp issues but do sod all about it unless you point it out. Obviously they're quite happy for your details to be released to all and sundry. Bankers;)

Hi everyone

Interesting thing i read on liberty/know your rights website which stated that ref to data protection act-if the data controller at the credit company states that they refuse to give you copies of your data you can request to visit the data controllers premises-is this right?

Im also gettting confused. Can an application with t&c on the back be enforceable in court. Important as i m on the road to this(threatened with legal action by mbna).

As far as I understand as long as your sig. is on the same piece of paper that contains the prescribed terms (even if on the reverse side) it is good to go.

I don't know about procedures for inspection under the Data Protection Act, but you can insist on attending a creditors premises to inspect documents mentioned in court disclosure.

Hi everyone

:confused:

I don't know about procedures for inspection under the Data Protection Act, but you can insist on attending a creditors premises to inspect documents mentioned in court disclosure.

Think you'll both find there's already a mammoth list of attendees for a mammoth coach journey and picnic with alcohol, already waiting to go. :-D:-D:-D

• Haha 1

Just can't find that News of the World reporter now, grrrrrrrrrr:-x

Too busy with MPs and their expenses at the moment. Might be a good idea to postpone the coach trip until this has died down:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D