Samsung Laptop Screen

jo1lygrngiant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is from a suppliers kind of view, with a problem if you could please assist.

Basically I own and run a small business, building and repairing computers.

In December a customer came to me with a Samsung Laptop.

The laptop in question was 2nd hand bought from 'someone else'. Although it is under 12 months old.

The screen wasnt cracked, but shown signs of leaking, ie a leaf imprint was displayed on the screen.

I told my customer that in order to get the laptop repaired, would cost him £160 inc parts and labour. Alls wells, and he gives me the go ahead to order the screen and repair the laptop.

I order the screen from a supplier, which came with a 3 month warranty from my suppliers. (Its new bought from a business seller on ebay).

Screen get delivered, and installed in the laptop, tested and working fine.

I give my customer the laptop back, invoice, and state that I will cover the warranty for 12 months, as its a new screen. (I always do, no matter what the part is.)

Customer goes away a happy chappy, and has a great Christmas..

I get a call earlier this morning, stating that the exact same thing has happened again. Ie leaf imprint.

It was working fine last night, comes to power on this morning, the screen shows the leaf imprint. I ask if the laptop has been dropped, or closed with a pen etc inside it, and told catagorically no. ( I do trust my customer, as he has done a lot of business with me in the past).

The laptop has been in the same place on his pc desk, since it was given back to him.

Question time..

I know im responsible for the replacement laptop screen, inc fitting. Is it possible to put a warranty claim in with my supplier. Or is it now time, to start asking questions to Samsung, and check if the same has happened to the same model elsewhere?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not for one moment, attempting to bypass SOGA etc, im just a one man band, who runs a small business, from a workshop at the bottom of the garden, looking to help my customer, and find a way forward in this.

Many thanks for any help which can be given.

Hope your all having a great weekend

be safe

Nige AKA JGG.