Rabbi Burns, loan agreement help, please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just discovered this site, and hope someone can give me some advice.

First of all apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I purchased a car in September 2007 and signed a loan agreement, this is where it gets confusing. The loan agreement had a registration number on it and an amount of £8.500 owing.

When I took ownership of the car it had a completely different registration, I informed the garage and they changed registration plate, but this still didn't correspond with loan agreement registration.

I then received a second credit agreement with an amount owing £21,000, I contacted company informed them of registration and queried amount but got nowhere.

I have now traded car in and was told I don't owe any HP on it, now original company want car and it's becoming a nightmare. I was informed that I might need a solicitor to sort this out, but my house insurance legal cover would pay because it's a civil matter. Phoned my insurance and they stated legal cover will cover consumer matters, but not anything to do with motors.

I know this is really confusing but basically - I have two loan agreements with different amounts, wrong registration numbers, and also registration number on documents have been changed without my knowledge, and I never owned a car with either registration number.

I hope someone can help as I can't sleep at night worrying about this.

Thanks in anticipation for any help offered

Hello and Welcome, Rabbi.

I'll move your post and mine to start a new thread for you in the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert