Are they allowed to harrass my previous address?

eeloojon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im in a dispute with Nationwide that I have been fighting since February. I haven.t been able to lodge my court claim yet and they basically ignored all my letters.

My overdraft is about 200 over its limit and over half of the balance is charges.

I have had this woman from field collections desperately trying to get hold of me by phone (I dont answer withheld numbers), and has been to my flat twice looking for me when I have been out and left notes saying that she needs to talk to me about arrears (I am one payment behind on my loan) and my overdraft being over limit. Im not great at confrontations so I havent called her back. Plus I think - why the hell should I?? I told them the amount was in dispute yet they still pursue it! Anyway after more preperation I will be summitting the claim probably next week.

My question is this - this woman has actually been calling and actually paid a visit to my old address - I told them last October my new address and number. My mum and dad live at my old address and didnt know about my debt - this has caused major family difficulties because she went out there and mentioned it was about arrears.

Do I have any rights here? Are they allowed to harrass an old address and give out personal information?

They are not allowed to divulge this sort of info to anyone else friends, family ,nieghbours employers etc I will try to find out a little bit more for you

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Okay here you are

Code Of Practice

g) Unless otherwise instructed by the debtor, not discuss with or disclose to any third

... parties especially neighbours, relatives, or employers the consumer’s indebtedness.

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Thank you for looking that up for me. What can I do now that they have breached that code?

I have used their complaints procedure before and got absolutely nowhere they basically ignored it.

Also another point - she went to my old address a couple of days after she came to my flat and my boyfriend said I was at work.