DOORSTEP COLLECTION NOTICE received :-( plz help

ttheli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys!

I've just been hit but yet another punch in the face. My alleged debt was passed on from TrevorMunn to some ScotCall Debt Collecting Serviced.

I've just received the abovementioned notice dated 10th Feb 09 which says that "failure to pay or contact us within 7 days of the date of this letter will result in your account being passed to our Field Representatives to arrange a Doorstep Call." (...)

You can follow the below link to my other thread that explains the details of the alleged debt:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173521-virginactive-arc-trevor-munn.html

OMG! What am I supposed to do?! I don't own the flat! Can they just come in and take my stuff?! I'm disputing the debt so can they just come in and take everything I possess?!!!

PLease help!!!

Hi Guys!

I've just been hit but yet another punch in the face. My alleged debt was passed on from TrevorMunn to some ScotCall Debt Collecting Serviced.

I've just received the abovementioned notice dated 10th Feb 09 which says that "failure to pay or contact us within 7 days of the date of this letter will result in your account being passed to our Field Representatives to arrange a Doorstep Call." (...)

You can follow the below link to my other thread that explains the details of the alleged debt:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173521-virginactive-arc-trevor-munn.html

OMG! What am I supposed to do?! I don't own the flat! Can they just come in and take my stuff?! I'm disputing the debt so can they just come in and take everything I possess?!!!

PLease help!!!

Calm down ttheli, they have no power to take anything or even do anything. There is a letter in the templates section which you can send them which essentially forbids them to visit you at your home. I will find the link and post it.

If by chance somebody does turn up at your door, just tell them politely to go and close the door. If they persist, ring the Police. They are not bailiffs and can't do anything to you. This is highly unlikely, nearly everyone one here has had these type of threats and the vast majority are just that - threats to scare you into contacting them.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Calm down! Things are a long way from anything like that happening.

A field representative is not a bailiff. All a field representative can do is ask you for various details - and take payment if you are so inclined.

However ... the key word is 'arrange'. There is no legal obligation on you to arrange anything so the field representative is going to be out of luck I'm afraid.

If that person does call without an arrangement or appointment you can politely tell them to go away in words of your own choosing. They must do so.

Bailiffs are a completely different kettle of worms. They will be acting on a court order of some sort and, since the case hasn't been to court yet, there are no bailiffs involved.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

ttheli, here's the link to the template letter to send:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131334-dca-response-threats-home.html

Just remember the golden rule: NEVER talk to them on the 'phone.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

HI Guys,

Thanks so much for the responses! And thank you Fred for the link. I've just made a draft and am going to send it to those bastawards tomorrow. I just can't believe it all goes on and on and on

Thanks again :-)

HI Guys,

Thanks so much for the responses! And thank you Fred for the link. I've just made a draft and am going to send it to those bastawards tomorrow. I just can't believe it all goes on and on and on

Thanks again :-)

You're welcome ttheli, just remember that these people have absolutely no power whatsoever.

Regards.

Fred

when you send the home visit letter edit it to say the account is in dispute and you are awaitng response from the OC.

How long were you a member of the gym?

i would rewrite a letter of compaint to the head office detailing everything, using staff names etc if you can and asking them for a copy of the their compaints procedure

VIRGIN ACTIVE LIMITED

ACTIVE HOUSE

21 NORTH FOURTH STREET

MILTON KEYNES

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

MK9 1HL

Ida x

Edited by IdaInFife
too much vodka

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida,

Thanks for your post. It was a student contract on a month-to-month basis. Joined in Apr and cancelled in Sept. Thank for the advice on amending the letter to include the fact the debt is in dispute. With regards to Virgin HO - I've done everything I could, spoke to customer service in my branch, their manager and sent numerous letters to Head Office-to no avail :-(

Once again, thank you all for your kind support and advice :-)

Surely if it was a month to month basis then any letter you have sent would seek cancellation?? so why would they charge you for 2 months.

Still resend a detailed compaint to [email protected]

I cannot rememer if there is a dot bewteen matthew and bracknall, if you send a copy recpeit, if you use outlook will let you know

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida,

Thanks for this. I've emailed Matthew and he replied saying he'd forwarded my email to the Uk Managing Director who should be in contact with me on Monday.

I will see what he will have to say on that matter

You're welcome ttheli, just remember that these people have absolutely no power whatsoever.

Regards.

Fred

"Doorsteppers" have been known to misrepresent the powers they have. They have no police powers whatsoever. If you order them of your property and they do not go, then they are trespassing. You do not have to speak to these people and are within your rights to ask them to leave. If they verbally harrass or threaten you, call the police.