style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

This afternoon - about an hour ago, I got a ticket. The annoy thing is, if I'd have walked quicker, I wouldn't have, as she was printing it off as I approached. Ah well, what is done is done. I was 9 minutes late back to my car and I admit that. However, my PCN (which is all worded correctly) does not have the 'Pay & Display Ticket No' or 'Expiry Time' filled in. All other details are correct. I may just be a hopeful student, but is this invalid, or are they not necessary fields?

Thank you in advance!

Appeal, deny it, tell them you were back 10 mins before the ticket expired.

Advising commiting a criminal offence of making a false representation leaving the OP liable to a fine of £5000 to avoid a £30 PCN is not really sound legal advice.

I didn't say it was legal advice but if they can't prove otherwise, then it is a duff ticket.

They shouldn't employ monkeys or at least should train their monkeys properly before sending them out.

I didn't say it was legal advice but if they can't prove otherwise, then it is a duff ticket.

They shouldn't employ monkeys or at least should train their monkeys properly before sending them out.

There is no legal requirement to include any details of a pay and display ticket on a PCN so its not a 'duff' ticket. The CEO could have photographed and/or written down the ticket details so the Council will have proof. The OP has admitted returning 9 minutes late so the PCN was issued correctly so being rude and calling someone you have never met a 'monkey' is hardly needed or helping anyone on this forum. Whether legal advice or not this forum is for giving advice to help people not to get them in deeper trouble, lying on a representation is a criminal offence I am sure the owners of the board would not condone advising members to break the law.

Oh come on gm - would you like me to point to some of your posts where you call others a lot worse. All council workers, in fact all associated with government in any way are monkeys.