Advice Please....Car been towed away and in the pound

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

first time on this forum...hope you can help please.

Just had a call from my nephew. He went to visit a mate who's at uni in Nottingham and stayed overnight. They've woken up this morning to find his car has been towed away. The car is now in the city council pound and they want £140 to release it.

I've rang the pound on behalf of my nephew and offered to pay the full amount over the phone. The lady said they don't accept payments over the phone. She gave me the number of traffic and parking at the council and said tell them the situation....that my nephew is stuck in Nottingham with no money..his family are away and that I, his aunty am willing to pay the full amount here and now.

The guy at traffic and parking said they don't accept payments over the phone. I asked to speak to someone in charge and he came back and said the same thing.

I'm getting frustrated now...my nephew is stuck in nottingham without the funds to pay to get his car released...i'm stuck here offering to pay but they wont accept. All he told me was the pound was open till 9pm tonight.

Can anybody tell me if the charges go up daily?....I'm at a loss what to do at this minute

thanks in advance

Emma Royd

xx