Central Ticketing - Basics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Right I've read some of the previous threads and I understand that this is what you should do.

- Ignore Fine

- Do NOT contact them, Wait for them to contact you.

- If they contact you, send them a letter saying you acknowledge their letter but could they contact the driver instead.

What happens next?

In my case, I've just received a fine today for abused patron parking. It was a free park. I left the park and did not shop at any of the stores. Is it best for me just to pay £60 or use the procedure above?

Hi,

Right I've read some of the previous threads and I understand that this is what you should do.

- Ignore Fine

It's NOT A FINE. Please don't let them convince you it is!

- Do NOT contact them, Wait for them to contact you.

- If they contact you, send them a letter saying you acknowledge their letter but could they contact the driver instead.

General advise now is not to ever contact them, even to admit being the RK. There's no point.

In my case, I've just received a fine today for abused patron parking. It was a free park. I left the park and did not shop at any of the stores. Is it best for me just to pay £60 or use the procedure above?

Stop calling it a FINE please!

OMG please don't even be thinking of paying it.

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not respond to any of their letters

They will simply give up. Imagine how hard it is to get somebody to give you £60 when your only tool is writing letters!

Now imagine how hard it is when that person never ever replies, you have no case and definitely don't want to waste £60 and your time and effort on trying to win an unwinnable small court claims.

If everybody followed the do not reply route, they'd all go out of business very very quickly. They only make any money from the gullable victims who don't go on the internet / pay up out of ignorance etc.

Consider it natural selection. You're clever enough to come on here and hopefully wise enough to follow our advice, so can escape the predation of Central Ticketing (who we know very well).

Don't fall for their hilarious crest logo!

I have successfully ignored Central Ticketing. And all the pretend debt recovery agencies they have set on me (different company names every time, yet from the same address in the same format :rolleyes:)

Without a doubt, if I had just ignored them at every opportunity, they would have given up sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

So a 'formal' notice arrived today asking for £125 i think, to be paid within 28 days before court action. If not it said there will be further charges & administration costs.

Do I still ignore?

• 1 month later...

Guys you've been a great help so far.

Hope you can help more.

This week I received another letter.

It's from ccs collect sept collectors, they are asking for £1?? Within 7 days before intended court action.

It then goes on about what happens if court action is taken.

It then says the problem will not go away and that they intend to recover the whole amount.

This company has an address in Surrey and there is a giro slip at the bottom of the letter.

What do I do?

I read somewhere that if they invoice you, you can't ignore it.

I look forward to your responces.

I read somewhere that if they invoice you, you can't ignore it.

Probably written by a PPC or someone with interests in a PPC.

MB is spot on here, getting you to make a payment against the debt is a trick to get you to acknowledge it - age old tactic by DCA's. Getting the DCA letter is standard - you can't be far off the end of the process now. Carry on ignoring and you'll be fine (no pun intended ;))

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I've just googles ccscollect and it seems that they are proper debt collectors

They have been contacting peopleto pay fore more then PCNs.

If they ring me. Shall I tell them the ticket is being disputed.

Will they then leave me alone?

If you have a look at the thread Central ticketing. Anyone heard of them, you will find all sorts of information to allay your fears.

The fact that one guy had 57 tickets of CT by 2007, and hasn't paid them a penny should tell you something about their operation. As for debt collectors, as well as many of them being cover names for the same individuals as the PPC's, they have no rights without a court order to collect money. If they phone you, tell them that all contact is to be in writing and not to call again. Then ignore their correspondence as well. They will threaten to come to your house...They won't, because they know that the minute you say "go away", they are legally obliged to do so. If you follow the advice on this forum and ignore them, they will go away.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Re CSS - they were the first (and the only vaguely legit-looking) agency that CT set on me. When I rang them (CCS) to tell them I disputed the claim and wasn't going to pay, the guy on phone actually said to me they would then send the file back to Central Ticketing where it would disappear for ever!

Unfortunately they had a few more goes with blatantly made-up stooge debt collectors.

As everyone is saying, really don't have any contact with them at all, it just encourages them to keep trying.

• 5 weeks later...