style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to sort out a problem with a loan my mother took out with the Halifax. she took out a 5k loan in 2001, the interest was added on at the beginning of the loan. Her last payment should have been this month but they are insisting she still has 1 month outstanding but she swears that she has never missed a payment. when she wrote to them asking for details of all payments she had made and which date they claim she has missed the payment they claim is outstanding, they only sent details from 2003. We also noticed she was charged a monthly interest rate on top of the the interest that was added at the beginning of the loan. Should this interest have been added monthly as well as the total or is it a monthly breakdown of the total interest (If that makes sense) or has she been diddled into a ML loan. Also can anyone give me some idea of what i could put in my letter requesting the remaining 2yrs of payments so that it sounds i know what i'm talking about and kind of official.

Thanx in advance.

Hi Royzor

Welcome to the site?

Are you sure the sum added at the beginning wasn't an insurance policy for the loan?

Did you request the statements using the S.A.R. templates as your letter in response will depend on whether you issued a S.A.R (Subject Access Request under the Data Protecton Act)

Hi zootscoot & ty for the welcome.

My mother wrote the the first letter requesting payment details. She showed me the statements after i mentioned i had decided to start a claim against Barclay's for my charges. I'm sure it was definitely loan interest as it gave a total sum to be repaid, i will go and look over the agreement in the 2day just 2 be certain. I printed off 2 dpa letters last night, 1 for her banking statements and 1 for her loan repayments. Would it be ok 2 put both letters in the same envelope or shall i send them separately?

Incidentally i have sent my dpa request to Barclay's and received all 6yrs statements complete. 8-) can't wait to get stuck in.

Hi Royzor,

You only really need to do one letter with both account numbers on, although I'm sure it would be fine to put the two in the same envelope if you've already prnted them. Also just to be sure, you do know that you only need one 10.00 to cover the two accouts?

Best of luck with your claims

Zoot