Stupid Boy forgot £1 for CCA to welcome

zander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you can afford it, yes.

Could be a struggle. I'll keep my head down whilst walking the streets in the vain hope of tripping over one (pound coin).

Dunno tho' since I acquired a dog (long story), the amount of cash both coins and notes I have found whilst walking her is pleasantly surprising. Early mornings outside of pubs and wine bars seems to be more profitable, particularly the taxi pick-up points:D

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

In my rush at the post office, I forgot to send my cca request to welcome by recorded delivery. PO for a pound was enclosed. Should I re-send the request with another £1?

Did you get a receipt of posting? or (even better) a receipt for the postal order?

If the former, take it as delivered in two days - same as when a court sends a summons out - posted is taken as delivered!

If the latter, even better - you can check the PO number (which is on the receipt) on http://www.royalmail.co.uk to tell you when it's cashed.

Since the RM website doesn't always show recorded deliveries (EVER! in some cases - even when I've had an acknowledgement), I find a proof of posting more than adequate in most cases.

If you have one or the other, sit back and relax.

If you just put the letter in the postbox, and didn't keep the receipt for PO, I think you'll have to send another.

Carpe Jugulum

• 1 year later...

Area manager called me from his mobile about 2 months ago to find a suitable time to collect my car when it wasn't even on their repo list. Now, he's in breach of quite a few things not least the DPA and I let him know this. He later got back to me apologising and said he'd get a reduced settlement figure (I only owe hundreds). Not heard a thing until yesterday when a default notice landed on the mat? I'm calling him directly on his mobile to advise him that his job is now in jeopardy and that I'll be in touch with the ceo to advise of their abject failure to run their business properly. Any further thoughts on this anyone?

Well done you on going for the throat!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Area manager called me from his mobile about 2 months ago to find a suitable time to collect my car when it wasn't even on their repo list. Now, he's in breach of quite a few things not least the DPA and I let him know this. He later got back to me apologising and said he'd get a reduced settlement figure (I only owe hundreds). Not heard a thing until yesterday when a default notice landed on the mat? I'm calling him directly on his mobile to advise him that his job is now in jeopardy and that I'll be in touch with the ceo to advise of their abject failure to run their business properly. Any further thoughts on this anyone?

Hey Zander,

He probably doesnt have a job now anyway :-)

But he is from Welcome, so kick him when he is down. They wouldnt think twice about doing it to us!

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I had the same. (See my thread)

I was out when they came to repo. He then called me to ask why they hadnt got it back. I then told him the facts and figures briefly and that the CCA and SAR were en route. He said he would send me a statement.

No statement received however one of his monkeys phoned up and informed me that they are no longer repoing the car and sent me a new dd confirmation letter

LOL

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

Looking for email address for Margaret Young MD. Anyone assist please?

WFSPayback has it....

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one - I have had two calls from private mobiles - one was to chase money and the other was to say what I was doing wasnt legal? driving around in a car I am not paying for...lol. but didnt know calling me from private mobiles was not allowed...I have kept both numbers - will these help me in any future claims against W/F?

Just a quick one - I have had two calls from private mobiles - one was to chase money and the other was to say what I was doing wasnt legal? driving around in a car I am not paying for...lol. but didnt know calling me from private mobiles was not allowed...I have kept both numbers - will these help me in any future claims against W/F?

They are NOT permitted to call from private mobiles only company phones. This is THEIR ruling. I would make a complaint to head office as it is against their own policies.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done you!!

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

My complaint has been upheld and Welcome have now written off the remaining balance on account (as a gesture of goodwill). Get stuck in.

fab news!