style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

unfortunatly to a life changing illness 5 years ago i ended up on benefits and am now having to declare bankruptcy due to various debts

thanks to my local councils benefit department blunders part of my debt is £980 of which i owe to my landlord which is a housing association

my landlord is seeking possesion of my home as the arrears are so great and beyond a repayment scheme that i can afford on the benifit i recieve

when i go bankrupt i will no longer owe them this money but can they still evict me if i manage to keep up with rent payments after my bankruptcy

i have had some help from citizens advice regarding my councils blunders but the citizes advice only got letters of denial of any wrong doing so they will not change anything ( they basicly lied about me not handing in details and paper work)

one hint of advice i can give to anyone about to put a claim in for housing benefit is to ask for a recipt for every peice of paperwork you hand over and even if they insist that they dont give recipts demand one and ask to speak to somone higher as if they say they dont give recipts as they did with me they are lying through there teeth and are required to do so if asked to

sory for the slight wander in my own thread but if that piece of advice helps anyone avoid the mess my local council has caused me then it was worth the extra typing :-)

anyway what i am basicly asking is can the housing association evict me for rent arrears if they are part of my bankruptcy ?

thanx for any advice

ps:

i am not some benefit scrounger trying not to pay rent , i worked every day of my life up until getting seriously ill 5 years ago which left me unable to work

thanx again

Edited by snozzler29

In bankruptcy, if you live in rented accomodation, you would need to check your tenancy agreement to see if it would be affected in bankruptcy, as different landlords have different rules. Take a look into your agreement to see if it has any objections about entering into bankruptcy and any reasons for eviction

anyway what i am basicly asking is can the housing association evict me for rent arrears if they are part of my bankruptcy ?

You need to talk to them and see what their policy is. I have known someone to come to an agreement with the HA to pay arrears monthly and the OR has allowed this expenditure as essential even though it is a debt.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.