Mortgage "admin" charges

zander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this was the advice from a poster on another site

"send a Pre Lim request for charges refund request (adapt the bank charges template to suit mortgage account)and gives them 14 days to refund/respond. Then if they don't refund/respond in that time follow it up with the Letter Before Action again enclosing the same list of charges to be refunded (just adapt the bank charges reclaim template to suit)

Then once they reply (they'll probably be telling you no chance you can only reclaim bank charges not loan or mortgage charges) send a complaint form to the FOS - and let them chase the refund for you explain on the complaint form that you have sent requests asking for a refund etc.. and copy the reply from the company to show you did attempt to chase this yourself and you were refused.

the company will refund the charges etc.. as though to make your mortgage account as though these charges never happened and you'll also get the 8% interest too similar to as with bank charge refunds.

I did mine with a High Street Bank last year and successfully got a total refund from our lender and we still with them now etc.. - FOS were very good and sorted it. "

so for the sake of a few letters and a long wait worth a try

aim against them like the Bank Charges stuff and risking costs etc.. if it goes wrong. FOS will take a few months dealing with it - but they do get good results. Don't think cause you in arrears you need to tread carefully - FOS will make sure the company deals fairly with you.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Zander

I too am in the same situation as you, and will be doing the same as advised by Jansus.

Have been searching for Goldladys thread for the last few days, but to no avail, will keep trying and let you know if i find it.

Just busy trying to sort out credit reference files at the moment, it has now materialised that our last mortgage/secured loan defaulted due to the funds being misteriously paid very late to the Halifax/ via new lenders SPML / MORTGAGE BROKER.... everything is a real mess and the more we look the more can of worms we find...

Good luck with your quest

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 4 months later...

also useful is the letter sent to all lender CEOs ...

Annex A pages 4-5 are particularly useful as it states the steps a lender must (a rule) carry out regarding mortgage arrears and repossession. I can see from reading this that my bank, a mainstream high street lender, has not carried out most of the steps stated, especially the sending of a list of arrears charges incurred etc. and i suspect others may be the same. Previously i have had to pay arrears and legal charges as part of the total 'arrears' and this was wrong.