PCN Notice Issue Time Limits for issue from date of offence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to the forum and stumbled on it when doing a search on the internet. I have today received a PCN from Islington council for an offence committed on the 26 November. Does anyone know if there are any timelimits for issuing tickets from offence date, for some reason I think that the police have to issue speed camera tickets within a number of weeks from offence does this apply to PCN's from local authorities. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merlin 2009

Merlin, Can you confirm there is no valid reason why the PCN may have come late. i.e. they will have had to obtain your address from the DVLA. Should the DVLA have had your correct current address across the entire timeframe of this incident or have you recently changed address?

Islington had very well know problems with DVLA access last year - but has been fixed with a direct link and they are still issuing late PCNs . G&M asks good questions though, its the only way out the council may have. What is the docref date on the V5C ?