CCTV PCN in Haringey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time so hope I'm doing it right.....

Received a pcn thru the post with a picture of my car on a bus stop and contravention code 47 - Parked on a restricted bust stop/stand...

I wrote to protest I was "unloading" not "parked" as the ticket stated but they've rejected my representation saying only a bus is allowed to stop there.

I still maintain i wasn't "parked" as I was in fact unloading bags into the "clothes bank" that Haringey council have themselves placed there - and they are obviously sending out their camera car to this site as they know people will stop there - isn't that "entrapment"? my question if anyone has a clue is it worth taking to adjudicator or is the bus stop rule right?

thanks anybody....

The clue is in the term 'bus stop' the only exemption is for buses to stop. If you where not parked how did you unload by throwing the stuff out the window? I cannot see how you could possibly convince an adjudicator that it is possible to unload without first parking the vehicle?

adjudicators take a dim view of stopping on a bus stop in my experience

to be a bus stop it MUST have a sign - which will carry the no stopping red cross on a blue circle and words no stopping at any time except buses

- most are signed correctly...

I still maintain i wasn't "parked" as I was in fact unloading bags into the "clothes bank" that Haringey council have themselves placed there - and they are obviously sending out their camera car to this site as they know people will stop there - isn't that "entrapment"? my question if anyone has a clue is it worth taking to adjudicator or is the bus stop rule right?

thanks anybody....

Although there is nothing coming forward in this thread to mitigate to basic offence, I think the fact that Haringey have placed a clothes bank in a location that prevents vehicles being able to stop close by is at the least stupid and at worst, as r.j. says, possible entrapment.

to be a bus stop it MUST have a sign - which will carry the no stopping red cross on a blue circle and words no stopping at any time except buses

- most are signed correctly...

No. Bus stop road markings as per TSRGD 2002 (backed by a TRO/TMO) are sufficient.