Token offers - how to handle some responses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, need some help if possible.

I sent a budget sheet and the template letter from this site offering a token payment of £1 per month to credit cards while I bring my income back up to par. I have nothing left over each month for creditor payments. I also requested that all correspondence be in writing.

I heard back from MBNA who asked me to "call to discuss the details" - blatantly disregarding my request for written correspondence. They've also asked me to cut up my card and any cheques and post them. Is there any reason why I shouldn't comply with the request to send card/cheques? Are they looking for the signature on the back of the card? (I've not CCA'd anyone yet)

I also heard from Tesco who say: "The letter was not signed and as a result I am unable to undertake the action requested." They ask me to call, or to sign the bottom of the letter and send it back. How should I respond?

Finally, HFC seem to have ignored my letter and I'm getting form letters saying, "We cannot understand why your account is still in arrears..." They also threaten charging me for sending further letters. Can they do so, aside from the penalties listed in the t&cs?

It feels a bit like they and I are exchanging form letters which is frustrating. I haven't taken a single call from any of them and don't intend to.

Thanks,

broccoli_greens

With regard to HFC - resend the letter - this time recorded and cite your earlier letter so that they are aware that you have written to them once already.

With regards to Tesco - sign the letter but either sign it in a shaded box (so that the signature overlaps the box at either end) or with some kind of backdrop so that they cannot simply cut and paste the signature elsewhere if you are thinking to CCA them.

MBNA cut up your card and return it to them, but keep the bits that make up the signature strip and dispose of them separately - that should satisfy their requirement for the return of the card without you having given them a copy of your signature.

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

Thanks - appreciate that. Re. the Tesco signature though, I'm nervous. Could I send a version of this letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131333-dca-creditor-demand-specimen.html

... or is it meaningless except for a CCA request (and since I'm requesting changes to my account, rather than just a copy of something account-related)?

Thanks again,

broccoli

Most of the creditors will say that they havent recieved your payment purely because they want the full amount from you, however, this does not stop them from cashing the money. Continue making token payments, and stick to your guns

Re. the MBNA request for a cut up card, I thought I'd post a thread I just discovered...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/179236-tragic-case-judgement-because.html

If you are asked for a cut up card, definitely remove the signature. This seems to be an MBNA tactic very early on in the whole process now.