the bank gets worse

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5234 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

last week my other half paid a chq into my branch and was told it would be cleared today wed 26/07/06. as we are getting married in just under 3 weeks and still ahve lots to pay for the wedding i booked today of work. i checked my balance last night and had £xxx balance and £yyy available. this morn before going out shopping i rechecked balance to find i had £xxx balance and available, so chq cleared of we go. i spent a few quid in shops then went into branch to draw £500 over counter straight from branch i went to a jewelers to buy something and had a security check on my card no probs until i am declined.

i went into branch and girl on counter said cant see a prob lots of funds here ill get a manager for you to go over account, new girl comes and says no prob so we complain and of she goes to come back 10 mins later saying sorry your chq hasnt cleared i told her she was wrong and so she got the branch manager to see me who also said chq hasnt cleared. i informed her that according to cash point it had. she then left us for 10 mins to look into it and came back addamant that chq wouldnt clear until over night tonight. we left her office and tried to check balance on cash machine in bank, it gave my card back saying cant do this request please contact card issuers. i checked a second machine to have same problem. we then demanded to see the manager again but lo and behold she is busy and cat see us but we are assured that she couldnt stop me from viewing my balanmce and it was a temp glitch in system. 2 hours later the glitch was fixed and it seems my chq has now not been cleared.

i have just sent an email asking for disclosure under the dpa of interventions to try and find out what has happened

is this the banks way of upsetting me after i took them to court for bank charges owed to me

I doubt it.

But a classic example of the sort of idiocy we have come to expect from the banks.

If you were to make an error such as this, you would be hit with a nasty charge.

With them, it's just a "glitch".

Don't get angry, just extract a huge amount of fun when you get your money back!!!!

keep us posted with your claim!

Crusher :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

If the information that they gave you was wrong, that the cheque had in fact cleared, then you could ask them to explain in writing what went wrong.

As you say, your other half was told that the cheque would be cleared, the machines told you that the cheque would be cleared, but now they tell you that it wasn't.

The banks insist that we "manage" our accounts properly - not very easy when they keep giving us the wrong information. As was mentioned above, if you had made this glitch you would have been charged £35 - why don't you invoice them for a similar amount?

if you had made this glitch you would have been charged £35 - why don't you invoice them for a similar amount?

tempting, but we argue these charges are rediculous, so we do not do our cause much good if we too join in the "rip off" game!

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!