Paypal refusing to transfer debt owed to them.

MrAdz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive recently recieved a debt collection letter from Intrium Justitia on behalf of paypal.

After selling something on the internet the buyer disputed the money he transfered and I recieved the item back, however this was a few days after I had transfered the money from my account to another paypal.

On the day in question I phoned Paypal up and the woman on the phone told me it would just be reversed, after it wasnt both accounts had limited access and I couldnt move any funds. I phoned Paypal about this and they said access was limited and they could not transfer the money back to my original account to get rid of the negative balance.

help would be appreciated because its now gotten to Debt Collection letters and prison is a real concern for me as I have no job to payback the money regardless of if the situation goes to court or not. They have been extremely unhelpful on the telephone when it comes to transfering the money back to my original account to get rid of the negative balance.

Hi

I do not know much about paypal, but you said to me that you were worried about them turning up at your door. Send them this letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

Also, keep a copy by your door. If they do turn up, then give them a copy and shut the door on them.

Do not worry, you will NOT go to prison for not paying back the money. If IJ are even hinting that you could, you need to report them, we can't be having this type of behaviour from the jumped-up pesky bottom-feeders. :mad: They can't send bailiffs in without a court order either and they can't get one of those without going to court first and winning the case, which is unlikely to happen. :-D

Secondly, if IJ are involved, odds are that PP or whoever has just flogged the debt to them, so they have no more right to collect from you than I or Clemma above have. You need to send them the "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" letter (see templates), do not write your tel no on it.

Read up on DCAs and you soon won't be scared anymore. :-)

Any questions, just ask.

I phoned paypal today and they were their usual helpfull selves.

They wont remove the limitations on my account (The holding your funds for 180days) nor will they transfer the funds and have told me to resolve it with Intrum Justitia

I dont mean to be a bother with this but unfortunately im one of those people who worry and keep worrying.

The situation stands at the moment with :

I have the money owed to them in a Paypal account that I cannot access because they have Limited it. I have contacted them asking how to remove the limitation but I didn't get a response.

I have aboslutely no other options to pay off the debt (unemployed, living with parents) except the money in that Paypal account.

Could anyone tell me the worse case scenario and possibly what my next move should be?

The worse case scenario is this:

IJ puts in a claim through Northampton bulk centre, known as MCOL.

You receive the claim form and decide to ignore it.

They win the case by default.

You get a CCJ registered against you.

You still do nothing.

They then get a warrant of execution.

Bailiffs try to get access to your property and take your TV.

That's it. That is the worse case scenario. And it relies on them taking the action in the first place, and you sitting on your arse doing nothing to stop it happening. OK? ;-)

What you need to do is take control: I have already told you to write to them (IJ) a letter which denies that you owe them anything. This letter instantly shows them that you will not be a pushover and that you won't let them bully you into paying. So send it and see what the response is.

If they carry on, there are other steps that can be taken, getting them to prove the debt etc... but first you need to show them who's boss.

So read up, send that letter, and chin up. Sitting there worrying about it won't help you. ;-)

The worse case scenario is this:

IJ puts in a claim through Northampton bulk centre, known as MCOL.

You receive the claim form and decide to ignore it.

They win the case by default.

You get a CCJ registered against you.

You still do nothing.

They then get a warrant of execution.

Bailiffs try to get access to your property and take your TV.

That's it. That is the worse case scenario. And it relies on them taking the action in the first place, and you sitting on your arse doing nothing to stop it happening. OK? ;-)

What you need to do is take control: I have already told you to write to them (IJ) a letter which denies that you owe them anything. This letter instantly shows them that you will not be a pushover and that you won't let them bully you into paying. So send it and see what the response is.

If they carry on, there are other steps that can be taken, getting them to prove the debt etc... but first you need to show them who's boss.

So read up, send that letter, and chin up. Sitting there worrying about it won't help you. ;-)

Thanks alot Bookworm. I am sending that letter as soon as possible.

I also wrote an email to Paypal asking how to remove the limitations on my account hoping that theyll provide me with atleast some information, If not then Ill have to find out what my options are if they refuse to remove the limitations preventing me from paying the debt.

After long telephone calls with Paypal it seems the only way Im going to be able to remove the limitations is by getting a bank account and removing the limitations from both accounts.

Thanks alot everyone for all the help and holding my hand through this disaster.