Disgusted with HSBC

lectus123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a really bad day and just want to vent my anger!

I took out a 17K loan with HSBC 3 years ago, at £450 per month. I have just 12 months remaining (about 6k), and times are a little tight so I decided to try and extend the length of my loan by two years, thereby reducing the payments and making life a little easier.

I was told I had to apply for a new 6k loan to pay off the existing balance. So i said ok and went through the application process with the nice lady at the bank. I was turned down on the basis of I did not meet their lending criteria.

I said "but I already owe you the 6k, I can just about afford the £450 per month at the moment, so I can definitely afford the £300 per month that the new loan would require", but I was met with "sorry we can't help".

I feel that I am being punished for trying to be fair with the bank. Surely they can't prefer me to just turn round and say I cant afford the repayments and then default?

Ridiculous.

Its a problem with HSBC and a lot of the other high street banks. They have got rid of the real bank managers from the high street branches and replaced them with spotty faced morons fresh out of training.

They are given a computer and a rule book to guide their every move and unfortunately if you don't fit the criteria in the rule book the computer will say no. It doesn't matter what is logical, right or even good for the bank itself if the computer says no they don't have the authority to go any further.

pete