• Tweets

• I purchased a bathroom tap for £125 from online company, 'QS SUPPLIES', in May 2020. It was duly fitted and all was fine until December 2020 when the top lever came away from the base of the tap rendering it useless. I immediately contacted QS SUPPLIES using their online complaints procedure and submitted a photo, as required. When after a few days I had heard nothing from them I called their CUSTOMER SERVICES team and was told that they were waiting for a response from the manufacturer, a company called 'SANEUX', I pointed out that my contract was not with the manufacturer and that I expected QS SUPPLIES to deal with my complaint. I was then advised to email them again, which I did...twice.... when they finally responded to my second email they asked me to send another photo of the faulty tap. This time, their response was that their,  TECHNICAL TEAM had looked at the photo and decided that the tap, "APPEARED TO BE FORCED", and therefore they would be, "UNABLE TO OFFER A REFUND ON THIS OCCASION".  So after  7 months of use and at a cost of £125, this company, on the strength of one slightly grainy photo have decided I am entitled to nothing. I have applied to be reimbursed by my credit card company under Section 75 but I am still determined to attempt to get QS SUPPLIES to take responsibility and would really appreciate any advice about the best way to go about this.  
    • Good news for me is that the Bounce Back Loan came through so I can pay the full car payment!  Thanks for reply.
    • Welcome. please follow the advice given above as to reading around the various stories and then monitor this thread for a full reply tomorrow  
    • Hi Everyone,  I am the seller in this case and want to thank the buyer for their support.  The bike was delivered to the local Hermes Parcel Shop really well packaged and sealed on the 3rd Feb with a receipt obtained.  Sadly the parcel was emptied on route to the buyer.   I had listed the bike for collection only however the buyer messaged and asked if we could arrange a courier to which I agreed and they organised that.  When the bike went missing I contacted the local police as the Hermes parcel shop said they would not release CCTV to me.  We got all this from the Police.  since then the buyer has tried his very best which I am grateful with Hermes and parcel2go but is struggling.  Any help is appreciated. 
    • Also, you should start a claim against Hermes. Post your story on the Hermes sub- forum. Give us a full breakdown – including dates and value et cetera. We will help you get your money back
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5327 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys, Im in the process of getting back at HSBC for the horrendous charges they have levied against me over the past six years, I wrote the letter requesting all my statements and had them sent through, I have just been through evrything and as far as I can tell I have been charged over three and a half grand.

I was wondering if someone maybe able to look at my figures and ascertain wether or not I can claim for these?

All transactions labelled 'DR' have been included, except where you pay for the use of a cash machine. Most of these are charges levied at the end of the month.

I have also put down the interested charged to me as well, which generally speaking comes out of my account before the charges!!!

I am no financial whizz, but would be eternally grateful if anyone can help me out.

I have all the figures in a word doc, (its not alot i woud just like someone to confirm that I am taking the right course of action)

Many Thanks

Dan

ok the ones you can claim for is total charges returned direct debits, cheques, standing orders not many have addedthe interest as you cant claim all of it only a portion which isnt much

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

All transactions labelled 'DR' have been included, except where you pay for the use of a cash machine. Most of these are charges levied at the end of the month.

I have also put down the interested charged to me as well, which generally speaking comes out of my account before the charges!!!

Dan

carefull!!!!

don't add your usual od interest, just that which pertains to the charges themselves, vamp's spreadsheet will do this for you (in the library).

It would be good to take a look at mav's thread at the top of the hsbc forum to check you have got your charges right.

all the best with your claim!

Crusher:D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Hi Guys Right then I have done the following.

1 had copies of all my statements sent through, worked out what is owed and now I need to know the next stages and where the letter templates are can anyone help....

Dan

take a look in the library, they are all there.

also, take a lot of time to read the faq (link above) and this forum as much as you can!

keep us posted!

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Sorry about this crusher, but im just filling in the second letter where the 'XXX' is in the following paragraph what do I fill in there?

I calculate that you have taken £2805 plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

not sure what the interest is and from from I have read people dont seem to think its worth claiming.....

Well, it is given in the spreadsheet, so not really any bother to add on is it?:D

If someone came up to you and said "do you want twenty quid?" what would you say?:eek:

Add it on if you can.

The amount is actually the overdraft interest charged on the charges alone, so for example if you had £1000 total charges out of a £4000 overdraft at the beginning of any given year you could claim 1/5 of the interest (it isn't quite as simple as that because it is calculated on a day to day basis, but you get the idea)

:D

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE