T-mobile contract cancellation

bravo123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have two contracts with t-mobile. one is up for renewal and the will be in about 7 months time. When i first renewed the latter(the one up for renewal in abt 7 months ) last yr, i chose the £10 off discount as opposed to receiving a new handset.

The problem is the person using the latter is moving out of the country and thus would have to cancel the contract but when i contacted t-mobile, they asked me to pay abt £200 before they would proceed with the cancellation coz am still under contract.

I explained the circumstances and said since i've been with them i've never defaulted on those two lines hence as a goodwill gesture they should waive that penalty. But the CSA said No!

What do i do as i can't use two numbers till that contract expires?

I there a way out?

removed

I had the same problem last year and unfortunately, was advised I would need to pay early disconnection fees (EDF) charges to cover the rest of the contract.

I work in telecommunications and deal with EDF charges on a day to day basis and it's unfair but at the end of the day, you've signed a contract and you will need to pay.

What I did to make it easier was reduce the tariff onto the lowest price plan I could (£20 per month) and continued to pay until I could cancel without penalty.

You can also order a replacement SIM for £10 if you have a spare handset and continue to use but I did not need to do this.

Finally though, it's come to the end of the agreement and I've given my 30 days to cancel!

You can either reduce the tariff to the lowest possible as previously suggested, or sell on the contract to an acquaintance. If you don't know anyone, there are websites that can list the contract - do a search for CellSwap UK. Otherwise, the contract will remain in force with you liable until you can give notice.

cheers guys. i even tried to reason with the CSA that since i didn't go for a handset(phone) when i first renewed and rather opted for the £10 discount every month, they weren't gonna lose anything if i cancel.

These companies are greedy! Am even contemplating not renewing my other contract with them since that one is up renewal.

removed

Don't shoot yourself in the foot! You don't HAVE to renew, and because you don't, you'll be able to benefit from your inclusive bundle AND still arrange to disconnect in 30 days. In the current climate, that's a weight of anyone's mind!

Don't shoot yourself in the foot! You don't HAVE to renew, and because you don't, you'll be able to benefit from your inclusive bundle AND still arrange to disconnect in 30 days. In the current climate, that's a weight of anyone's mind!

Very good advice. thnx for the tip.

removed

You can change your number on an existing contract. I believe with T-Mobile it's free of charge the first time you request to change and £25 each time after.

However, some companies will only offer you a number change free of charge if you are receiving malicious calls and have reported it to the police so just be aware of this.

A straightforward number change i.e. you call and say you want a different number is easily processed and they'd get you a brand new number from the system.

A number port is a little more tricky as it's a number that you've had with another mobile company and you wish to keep and to transfer this over, they call it a number port.

So if all you want is a new number then it will be straightforward.