Tackle credit card charges in same way as bank a/c charges?

jon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe an obvious question - but with my main bank credit card, I have incurred 'late charges' on various occasions, ie for late payment of the balance. This seems to warrant contesting in the same way as, eg, 'excess overdraft fee' charges. Is that right? I could take the bank to court following all the procedurs detailed on this (fantastic) site and have same chance (nay, likelihood) of success?

Would I address the letters/make the calls separately to the credit card division at the bank - this is Lloyds and I think the credit card bit is not even a 'division' but has some autonomy (or so they ahve told me in the past, even though it is a Lloyds credit card)?

I ask for a second reason too - I am interested in pursuing Lloyds about the raft of excess bank a/c charges over 6 year,s so...I'm thinking I should tackle things by pursuing two separate actions...one against the bank, and which I would direct to the branch/head office (about excess overdraft fees/charges for unpaid DDs and standing orders); and a second, still against the bank (I guess) but directed separately to the credit card 'division'. Is it right to approach this as two separate actions or should I roll them up into one?! Would anyone eg a moderator know the answers on these points?

Re: credit cards - if I can pursue this in same way as for a bank account, then I have two other credit cards where 'late charges' were incurred (all of this was mostly but not exclusively in one period where unfortunately I had financial troubles - much added to by the charges enforced by bank and c. c. companies).

many thanks for any feedback!!

Yes. It's all the same. Read the FAQs and the forum amterial.

It's all there.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks