Welcome Finance - saying we cant VT

C&D
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Not sure if anyone can help... me and my boyfriend both (stupidly) have cars on finance with Welcome Finance but as my boyf is a self employed taxi driver, we no longer need both cars.

I asked WF a couple of months ago about voluntary terminating my agreement, they sent the RAC out and then came back to me saying that I couldnt as it was on a 'car loan' rather than a HP loan.. this is good as it means they cant take the car if I dont pay but means I cant give it back to them!

We then asked about doing a VT on my boyf's car and they came back today to say we cant VT that one either as there were so many arrears on the account from a few years ago and we have now lost the right to VT!

Can they do that?! I am going to write and ask for a copy of boyfs agreement as we dont have one that I can find but I think thats out of order that nothing was ever said to us at the time!

Our account manager has said that we could sell boyfs car, pay the lump sum off and then make an arrangement to pay the remainder at a really low amount per month - thats great as I am going to be on mat leave soon and it will help us out BUT, it means we will probably be paying for the car for another 10 years!!!

We dont have the option to get a loan elsewhere to clear Welcome and we have considered bankruptcy but I think that might be a silly move as they will make us live on absolute bear minimum wont they?!

Any advise much appreciated..

Carrie

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]