What exactly is a CCJ?

JRD553
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help me with an outstanding issue I have with Onetel TalkTalk, I got into a dispute with them over money owed and told them i wasn't going to pay them. I will post more details if needs be but what I really need to know about is a letter i received today from Commercial Credit Services notifying me of legal proceedings. It says 'the case has been placed with them for immediate collection via Dudley Crown Court or appropriate Scottish court via solicitors.' I'm assuming that this is the beginning of a County Court judgement or CCJ against me but living in Northern Ireland we do not have County Courts and have never heard of anyone in Northern Ireland receiving a CCJ? I'm just wondering how they go about this if you are a resident of Northern Ireland and who has the durisdiction in Northern Ireland to collect it? Also although I have heard of CCJ's before I really am not sure exactly what a CCJ is or what happens to you if you receive one? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

If they take action against you, it must be heard at your local court in Northern Ireland. CCJ means County Court Judgement and the equivalent in NI would simply be a court order to pay. This would then be registered on your credit reference files and creditors would see it if you ever appled for credit - it would be marked "satisfied" once you had paid the debt.

Thanks for the reply pinky, so what does this mean for me then? Sorry to be niave but I have no experience of CCJ's at all. Does this mean this is not enforcable if it is registered in Dudley County Court or is that where the proceedings start and then the case is heard in Northern Ireland? please help...