Council Parking Fine - Bailiff Visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this part of CAG and have received a bailiff letter regarding a PCN that was incurred because my parking permit was out of date in Reading.

I have contested under the grounds that the council had my relevant details in time but initially lost my application for renewal but I did not get the new permit in time after the re-application. The ticket people at Reading council said I had no case and that I would have to pay, I informed them that I would take it further but then heard nothing more regarding this until now.

I received a bailiff letter from Collect Services in Ickenham, saying that they attended the premises to collect the outstanding PCN, and unless paid will enter the premises to collect.

I do not want to let them in and will not be intimidated by swarthy individuals - am I within my rights to deny them access? What rights do I have regarding not paying this as I think it is their fault and I haven't received any details advising me how much this would cost.

Thanks in advance

Edited by redseven
Hi, I am new here and have received a bailiff letter regarding a PCN that was incurred because my parking permit was out of date in Reading.

I have contested under the grounds that the council had my relevant details in time but initially lost my application for renewal but I did not get the new permit in time after the re-application. The ticket people at Reading council said I had no case and that I would have to pay, I informed them that I would take it further but then heard nothing more regarding this until now.

I received a bailiff letter from Collect Services in Ickenham, saying that they attended the premises to collect the outstanding PCN, and unless paid will enter the premises to collect.

I do not want to let them in and will not be intimidated by swarthy individuals - am I within my rights to deny them access? What rights do I have regarding not paying this as I think it is their fault and I haven't received any details advising me how much this would cost.

Thanks in advance

You should have received paperwork - a Notice to Owner. If you haven't then you can make a statuatory declaration.

Can you post up all the paperwork you have received - washed of any identity details including the PCN number.

There may be flaws in the paperwork that render it invalid.

Also if you can detail the timeline for all this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a year to the day pretty much, and now something I thought was gone and dusted is now biting back! I will try and find documents, but am in the middle of moving so maybe a while.

Appreciate the difficulties of moving but I would be getting on with this. The next step is to get bailiffs involved and one of the things they are known to do is clamp your car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------