water bill debt of £540 with CCJ notification

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all,

i later came to me toady from wessex water a notification on CCJ claim saying that i owe £540.

this is for a flat that used i lived at and the bill is 3 years worth.

i am waiting for the statements to come to me however, the account is on hold for 3weeks (untill 2nd march) whilsh they come to me.

what/is there anything i need to do beween now and then?

Threats of court action mean nothing - just a trick to make you pay a bill without argument.

They must send you a bill to take any action at all, Have you received one?

If they have and it is correct you must pay it but make arrangemnts to pay it by affordable instalments until it is paid off.

If it is not correct (and you must check every detail carefully) you must dispute it. They cannot take court action or even start other collection activities until their dispute procedure has beem exhausted and until the matter has been referred to and decided by Consumer Direct if you wish to take that route.

But it is part of your deemed contract so they have to stick to it.

That's interesting.

Is there a similar code of practice for the water industry?

Leaving to one side we're talking about water rather than energy, why is a retail organisation's code of practice considered part of the deemed contract between a customer and the retailer? (By deemed contract I'm assuming you mean implied terms. If not I'm seriously missing something).

That's interesting.

Is there a similar code of practice for the water industry?

Leaving to one side we're talking about water rather than energy, why is a retail organisation's code of practice considered part of the deemed contract between a customer and the retailer? (By deemed contract I'm assuming you mean implied terms. If not I'm seriously missing something).

contract? what contract? never signed anything, just got a bill to my new address, saying to pay for old address.

It doesn't matter whether you signed anything or not, there was a contract between you and Wessex water. What I'm asking for clarification on is the point the Pelham9 made; that an implied term of that contract is that Wessex water won't chase you for debt incurred more than a year ago. He's probably right but I'm interested to know why he's right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I have recently been sent a bill from Wessex Water stating that I owe charges of £845.42 relating to the period 10 September 2009 to 3 April 2014 even though I took posession in November 2013. They state "A person who uses the services provided is liable for the charges." yet want me to prove that it was not me. I therefore provided evidence that my bills for water were paid elsewhere (To Thames Water). Despite my emails to them with the evidence they do not answer my queries...they just demand I pay a minimum of £50 per month. I have therefore decided to let a Court of Law decide.

I have recently been sent a bill from Wessex Water stating that I owe charges of £845.42 relating to the period 10 September 2009 to 3 April 2014 even though I took posession in November 2013. They state "A person who uses the services provided is liable for the charges." yet want me to prove that it was not me. I therefore provided evidence that my bills for water were paid elsewhere (To Thames Water). Despite my emails to them with the evidence they do not answer my queries...they just demand I pay a minimum of £50 per month. I have therefore decided to let a Court of Law decide.

you need to start a new thread of your own

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...