Deposit Not Protected...Is it Landlord or Agent...Landlord now wants us to take legal action with him against agent...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still confused...after asking agent on Tuesday for deposit proof of protection - they said they had it and would be dug out of files and I would receive email of certificate maybe by Wednesday...have chased every day and then received a call this morning saying that again - it was protected - and i would receive a "Tenants Pack" by - get this - THE END OF NEXT WEEK - so almost two weeks since asking for it with proof of protection.

Am I being a mug - was my landlord right to want us to sue the agent with him?? The agreement said that the deposit was to be held with the agent - but I do have an email from the LA after teh agreement was signed - to his sister saying the deposit was meant to be held with them not the agent...

But the agent is implying they have it....

So who do I complain to!? If I send to the landlord, I end up possibly annoying him as he is also alleging it is the agents...

I also chased up the inventory...and quel surprise - the sister who was dealing with it (who initially promised it after xmas) says she's on hols til the 26th and will send - the tenancy agreement - I had to remind her about the inventory - after she gets back...

I wish I was losing weight with all this stress..but think it's just brain cells that are diminishing with this mess of a tenancy!!

I would suggest that you contact the LA and give them a deadline (a few days) for showing you proof that your deposit is safe and that they are a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Does your tenancy agreement not contain details of the deposit - the amount and who holds it? Mine does. The LL seems to be harrassing you and this in itself is not legal. However, if I was the LL and found out my agent had duped me, I would be enraged. However, it's the LL's battle, not yours. Don't let him intimidate you. I would have thought in these times of falling rents and so many empty properties for rent, he would have endeavoured to be extra nice in order to keep you as tenants.