Aktiv Kapital... They just want to help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also, just found this on Experian website:

We keep a record of defaulted accounts for six years from the date the lender decided you had broken the terms of the agreement (the ‘defaulted' date). The lender will have told you that the account was to be classed as being in default.

Is that wrong? I'm confused:confused:

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~

I know it is no help, but I too am trying to get a default removed in similar circumstances and Experian are telling me that the Default will remain on my file for 6 years from the date it is dated!! Several of my accounts are closed, written off, satisfied etc. but will show these defaults for the next 3-4 years.

They are talking rubbish A debt becomes time barred 6 years after contact & NOT default.

Think about, if it was from the time of default creditors & DCA's could (& most certainly would) lodge a default at anytime during 5 years & 364 days post last contact to restart the whole 6 years again

i think you are being too elborate i would write thus:-

i refer to your letter of and our subsequent telephone conversation of XXX

I confirm i know nothing of this debt and am not prepared to discuss the matter any further with you

all future correspondence will be ignored

kindly put up or shut up!

Thanks all..... OK, so I will send a LBA to request the removal of these defaults within 14 days. When the 14 days are up (and they've no doubt done nothing about removing them) do I then file some sort of claim against them? What would this entail please?

Incidentally, I've recently requested 02 remove a late payment marker from my file as it was a fault of theirs not mine that a payment was late. They changed it within 24 hours, without needing any "evidence" from me of my credit file, and now everything is showing as up to date. So this just goes to show that AK are talking complete rubbish when they say they can't make any changes without me sending in a copy of my file. :mad:

I still fuming with them:mad:

Also, should I be asking the CRAs to remove the defaults as well? Experian certainly seem to be barking up the wrong tree as far as dates are concerned. I feel so helpless, they all seem to be colluding to say whatever they like about me and blackening my name in the process. None of them care or are willing to do anything about it.

Edited by cariad mo brwydrwr
spelling

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~