CCI Legal for Aviteo LTD T/A Usenext

leeontop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RESULT!!!:)

E-mail i recieved today:-

Dear Mr ,

Please find below the details we have received from our client. Please note that due to the amount of time that has past, we have closed this account and will not pursue this matter any further.

He registered on August 12th, 2005 for the 14-day free trial using the following details:

Payment method: PayPal

On August 12th, 2005, he received four e-mails with the following subjects:

- Welcome to UseNeXT! / Access information

- UseNeXT - Receipt UNXDE/XXXXXXXX

- Access information UseNeXT software

- UseNeXT - Account activated

Since he didn't cancel or order a package manually, his contract was prolonged and he received the e-mail "UseNeXT Order with PayPal" on August 27th, 2005.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards,

Trina Horrocks

CCI Legal Services.

Tel: +44 (0)1766 771166

Fax: +44 (0)1766 771840

Web: www.ccilegal.co.uk

We can all be giants, if we want to be... or maybe it was threat of OFT guidance point 1.9 on my previous post - be interesting if they have ceased doing business with Aviteo though!!

Good luck to everyone else pursuing this, will post again if they try and get Profakura onto my back next..

HaHa

Edited by usenext_victim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I was one of the dumb ones that paid the £21 fee.....before I read this thead. When I paid the account off I also cancelled with a cancellation date of 06.08.2006.

I paid this about 2 months ago and today I received an email thanking me for my payment and that my account will automatically be re-activated within the next few days.

I've logged back into my account and it is indeed still cancelled but I'm worried they will take my payment as proof that I now want to reactivate my account. I've been looking through their website trying to find a contact email address to confirm that I dont want to re-activate my account but I cant find any. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I should do?

Many Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am sorry to say that I have recently fallen for the UseNeXT [problem]. I signed up for the 14 day trial period. They emailed me false login information so that I couldn't even access their website, thus no access to members area. The fax number doesn't work. The german phone number connects to an automated recording which never does anything other than play music and finally tell me they are too busy to take my call and then hangs up. Do I have any legal ties to them at all if they make it impossible for me to cancel my subscription? Should I be worried at all? I still have over a week left before my 14 days are up. The only contact I've had with them is through a PayPal dispute I filed against them. They sent me back a standardized reply via Paypal saying that that was my second inquiry - it wasn't as I don't have any email address for them, either and that they had posted my refund for the confirmation fee (1 Euro) to my account. That is the same account I have no access too! They have totally ignored my request to cancel and statements of faulty login info which I made through PayPal dispute posts.

Should I be worried at all? Any advice? I am seriously shaken by this and want to lay the issue at rest or at least put my worries at ease.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for necro-posting, just thought I'd add one in and ask for a bit of advice.

I had tried UseNext last November (according to an invoice, I don't remember using UseNext recently).

I'm now getting the creditors Email asking for the payment for the 12 months I never wanted, but it's under a company called Omega Credit Services which are UK-based.

I'd paid the 1 euro trial but they have not been able to charge me for the full 12 months, which I would assume is because I cancelled my account and payment after having done my trial.

I read through this topic and found that if you just ignore them, they will go away. But that was with foreign companies chasing them for money, this is with a UK based one which is where I am from.

Since I didn't register with UseNext with my real address, is it fine to just ignore them? Is the amount not worth them bothering with? Is this just a scare tactic to get money out of people as seems to be the case with the other posters here?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

The Email reads as follows:

Account Name: Aviteo Ltd T/A Usenext

Account No.: 7273511 Invoice No.: 15622943

Current Balance: £105.83 Usenext Web Access

We have been asked to contact you in relation to your UseNext account and to remind you that the above amount remains outstanding.

Please call 0844 474 0855 and enter reference 244611 to pay this account by credit or debit card, or pay online at Payment

If you have recently cancelled your account, the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. You will recall that all trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with the UseNext Terms and Conditions which are available at UseNeXT - Usenet Binaries mit DSL Speed downloaden inkl. gratis Software. You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

If you have paid this account recently, please accept our apologies for having contacted you.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

PLEASE CALL 0844 474 0855 AND USE REFERENCE 244611 TO PAY BY CARD,

OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT Payment

IF SENDING PAYMENT BY CHEQUE, PLEASE QUOTE 1006UXT1220535 ON THE REVERSE

For security and training purposes telephone calls may be recorded

Omega Credit Services, PO Box 171 Shrewsbury SY4 1ZZ t:0845 519 5546 Consumer Credit Licence Number: 628681

UseNext Terms and Conditions

When signing up for the service, you confirmed that you had read and accepted the Terms & Conditions below:

1. I am of legal age.

2. By sending this form I submit a binding offer. This offer is accepted (conclusion of the contract) when I receive an e-mail of confirmation.

The contract enables me to:

a) Test UseNeXT for the next 2 weeks and download up to 3 Gigabyte for free!.

b) Unless I cancel within the test period, or upgrade to a different subscription package, I agree to join for only $11.25*/7,95 Euro per month - for a period of 12 month and get access to 15 Gigabytes download volume for each month. I understand that I may cancel at any time, such that my subscription is not renewed upon expiry. I acknowledge that unless I wish for my account to be automatically renewed for a further service period, I must provide notice of my wish not to renew, at least one day before the end date of the current term.

3. I have read through the terms and conditions and agree to join UseNeXT subject to these terms.

4. Right of withdrawal: I can withdraw my declaration directed on the conclusion of the contract within two weeks in written form without giving any reasons (e.g. using the support form, post, fax or online in the member area). The time allowed starts at the earliest with the receipt of this indoctrination. To ensure the time allowed for your withdrawal the duly dispatch of your withdrawal is sufficient. The withdrawal must be sent to:

Aviteo Ltd.

Gainsborough House

Customer Care

81 Oxford Street

London W1D 2EU

Great Britain

Fax: +49-700-873639813

Please note that this number's prefix depends on the country you live in. A list of prefix codes can be found under "Support Hotline".

Support form: UseNeXT - Usenet Binaries mit DSL Speed downloaden inkl. gratis Software

Member area: UseNeXT - Usenet Binaries mit DSL Speed downloaden inkl. gratis Software

Exlusion of right of withdrawal: My right of withdrawal expires ahead of time if the execution of the service was started with my explicit approval or if I have started the execution myself (e.g. by downloading).

Effects of withdrawal: In case of an effective withdrawal both side's efforts have to be granted aback and incurred use (e.g. interests) has to be restored should the situation arise.

It is not possible to successfully sign up without explicitly confirming and accepting these contract conditions.

Note that in point (2) above, your membership of UseNext is extended until you notify UseNext that you wish to cancel. Omega Credit Services cannot do this for you. Omega Credit Services cannot answer technical questions about our clients’ service. Please contact UseNext technical support for assistance.

Hi cantisque, you did the right thing posting your query here. Read all the posts and follow the advice given..there are a couple of letters in posts No 2 and 9 which I used, and I have not heard from their UK based agents for 15 mths or so.

Remember when you write to them don't give them your address, don't phone them and do not sign any letters, don't communicate via email it's too immediate..try to keep them at arms length if you can.

Any questions ask here and someone will help..good luck!

Hello Guys,

Im new here and also just received an email from Omega Credit Services! Looks like im going to have some fun with them :D I love a challenge....

Account No.: Invoice No.:

Current Balance: £105.83 Usenext Web Access

We have been asked to contact you in relation to your UseNext account and to remind you that the above amount remains outstanding.

Please call 0844 474 0855 and enter reference 244611 to pay this account by credit or debit card, or pay online at Payment

If you have recently cancelled your account, the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. You will recall that all trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with the UseNext terms and conditionslink3.gif which are available at UseNeXT - Usenet Binaries mit DSL Speed downloaden inkl. gratis Software. You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

If you have paid this account recently, please accept our apologies for having contacted you.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

PLEASE CALL 0844 474 0855 AND USE REFERENCE 244611 TO PAY BY CARD,

OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT Payment

IF SENDING PAYMENT BY CHEQUE, PLEASE QUOTE 1006UXT1220535 ON THE REVERSE

For security and training purposes telephone callslink3.gif may be recorded

Omega Credit Services, PO Box 171 Shrewsbury SY4 1ZZ t:0845 519 5546 Consumer Credit Licence Number: 628681

Hi,

I am new here but just wanted to let you know I have also received the generic notice from Omega credit services. I was concerned about the notice and did actually phone them to refute the claim and sent them a copy of my payment receipt by e-mail as requested. The guy said he would contact his client and get back to me but I have heard nothing.

I wish I had found this forum earlier as on reflection that was probably a mistake to do it by e-mail.

I have however done a little digging on Omega and you can see the kind of company you are dealing with here by looking at the street view on Google maps of this guys address which can be seen below on his CCL licence.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0628681

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Name

Mr George Frederick Morley

Categories:

Debt collecting

Provision of credit information services, excluding credit repair

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Cheshire Credit Investigators

Omega Credit Services

Issued Date: 16-Jul-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 15-Jul-2014

Legal Formation:

Sole Trader

Nature of Business:

Debt Adjusting

Current Address(es):

Address Type

Address

Correspondence

P.O. Box 171, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1ZZ

Principal Place Of Business

Felton Butler, Montford Bridge, SHREWSBURY, SY4 1AS, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type

Address

Principal Place Of Business

Felton Cottage, Felton Butler, Shewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1AS

I will certainly be taking the earlier advice of this forum with the excellent examples provided to write to Omega and basically tell them where to get off.

Sorry People,

Information obviously didn't like to be pasted across from the register so I have re-created it below.

What kind of credit company contacts you by e-mail anyway!!

Application /Licence Details

Licence Number

Licence Status

Current

Current Applicant/Licensee:

Name

Mr George Fredrick Morely

Categories:

Debt Collecting

Provision of credit information services, excluding repair

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:

No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Cheshire Credit investigators

Omega Credit Services

Issue Date:

16- Jul – 2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due:

15- Jul- 2014

Legal Formation:

Sole Trader

Nature of Business

Debt Adjusting

Current Address(es):

Address Type: Address

Correspondence:

P.O Box 171, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1ZZ

Principal Place Of Business:

Felton Butler, Montford Bridge, SHREWSBURY,

SY4 1AS, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type: Address

Principle Place Of Business:

Felton Cottage, Felton Butler, Shrewsbury,

Shropshire, SY4 1AS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there guys. I, like most of you, are victim to usenext. I have managed to get back my money though. When I signed up to usenext, I was merely looking for a download my father was trying to find. I saw an ad on a site for this, and figured "hey, I may as well, right? its a trial after all". Now being all click happy, I briefly skimmed over the details, not noticing all the catches, and continued on thinking they'd let me know before-hand that they were going to charge me. I was charged.. not even full way through the trial. Well, they attempted to. I saw the charge on paypal and immediately requested a return to me AND attempted to cancel my account on usenext. Paypal saw it my way and set it to return status. A few days later, on pay day.. I was billed for $137... and usenext re-opened my account JUST TO BILL ME. Being payed weekly at $10 an hour, I need this money for bills. I called paypal back.. and they said they were already on it. Today, I got my money back. But.. even as I'm typing this, my account for usenext is still active, and I'm afraid to go in to try to cancel it again.

They do not have my address, though. It was a fake. Nor does paypal. What I'm wondering is.. should I be afraid? Should I make any preparations for a legal battle? What should I do? I'm lost, and really need some guidance. They have yet to send me an email..

Edit - Correction.. paypal has all my info. Should I try to change it?

Edited by Zalibidas

Please, I could really use some help. Was taking my money back the right course of action? Should I try to avoid them in any way I can, or approach them to try to get it canceled?

I apologize if the fact that me using false info on some things on the net puts you off. I have a sort of paranoia thing going on about the internet.. and this is the reason why. =/

Please.. I'm losing sleep over this. Help!

Just got this email from them -

Dear Mr XXXXXXs,

Thank you for your E-mail. Your account sign up was on 28.11.09 and the last login date was 31.12.09 at 22.07pm, during this time the account was used for downloading. Your E-mail addresses were supplied as contact to which you would of received a confirmation from our client and paid through your paypal account.

The terms and conditions to which you agreed when you signed up for the service are valid. If you cancelled the account in accordance with those, then please forward the cancellation E-mail you would have received from usenext confirming this.

Without this information the account is valid and due for payment. Please be advised that we operate in accordance with the OFT guidelines. We shall request a copy of the orignal E-mails sent to you confirming your account registration which would have gone to this E-mail and can be verified through your paypal account.

Payment can be made using the details outlined in the below E-mail.

Yours sincerely

Omega Credit Services

So i sent this back -

Thank you for your e-mail

Please also note the following with regards to accounts for Usenext

They do not recharge the available GB’s of download amounts unless they receive payment – so this is actually a pay as you go service, and as I have obviously not used it, then I am not liable for any payments for said service

Please pass the following onto your client –

1. If they persist in this action, then my solicitor has asked that they provide detailed statistics, including logs to prove these statistics, of failures and down-time for their account servicing and e-mail servers, as I claimed that I did not receive a response to my cancellation request.

2. We would also like logs and details of all the complaints that they have deleted from their support forums when customers complained about their service, which I’m sure you will agree is a dubious act on Usenexts part.

Please also note the below which is from the OFT Gudiance for debt collectorslink3.gif

Creditor responsibility for third parties

1.9 If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question

I am sure that you must now be aware of the many complaints on the internet regarding Aviteo/Usenext practices and that your continued dealings with Aviteo/Usenext could conceivably lead to revocation of your CCL.

Regards

Can anyone give me any advice as to next step, no way will this be paid, bunch of shady sharks!

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your E-mail, your query regarding deletion of consumer complaints is a separate issue and this query has been passed to our client to respond separately.

In relation to the OFT guidelines:

1.9 If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question. Our aim is to ensure that creditors do not ignore the unfair practices of debt collectors, whether in-house or external, acting on their behalf. It is not for the OFT to specify in this guidance how choices about third party selection are made nor to advise on desired conduct between third parties. However, during any investigation in this respect, we would expect to see that care had been taken in the selection process, complaints had been investigated and that firm action had been taken as appropriate. It would be unlikely that we would take action against a creditor who could demonstrate such action had been taken.

When you agreed to the terms & conditions by selecting the tick box upon signing up for the account, it states quite clearly how payment for the accounts work and the cancellation procedure to follow if you no longer wish to use the service. We are aware that not everyone reads the terms & conditions prior to signing up to the agreement, however this is the individual consumers responsibility to ensure they are aware of what they are agreeing to prior to the acceptance. Your specific account with Usenext was not a pay as you go service.

We see no valid reason as to why you are withholding payment in relation to the account. If you are refusing to pay for the outstanding please confirm and we shall advise our client accordingly refer back to them for further action.

Yours sincerely

Omega Credit Services

• 3 weeks later...

i think its time to put a stop to this accounting [problem]. i also believe there accounting system is racist i will be submitting a formal complaint to german federal prosecuters to investigate any one, else think alike, i have found others who agree

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I too, got one of these demand letters today. After a bit of googling, suspecting a [problem], I found this thread... Particularly since I've never heard of them before yet they say "In spite of our reminders...."

Not sure what to do - I have used the usenext account recently with what I thought was residual "charge". Interestly I think that in itself was a [problem]. My account had been disabled since my paypal account lapsed, but suddenly, in the last month I tried it and it worked - Now I get this payment demand? Did they wait until I tried the account, so the demand would appear legal?

I logged in and cancelled my account immediately, and I will never go near them again - but am worried all the same. 107 quid for something I used once very briefly is exortion.

---- cut here ----

6 digit Payment Ref: XXXXX

Our Reference: XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Account No.: XXXXX Invoice No.: XXXXXX

Current Balance: £107.08 {[uNXDE174] UseNeXT 50+} Web Access Fees

In spite of our reminders, we cannot trace having received payment for the above account.

Our client is becoming concerned at the lack of response and has instructed us to inform you that your account(s) will be suspended if this matter is not settled.

If you have recently cancelled your account, the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. Please remember that trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with the UseNext Terms and Conditions available at usenext.de You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

To pay by card, please call 0844 474 0855 and use reference XXXXX, or make payment online at xxxx

If you are unable to pay in full, please call 0845 5195546 to discuss payment options.

Thank you in anticipation of your prompt attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

Unfortunately I've sent some emails back to them already about the money I supposedly owe before finding this website. I have confirmed I've used the service so can I still send the prove it letter? Oh and on that note, I've only had contact through email. So should I send a letter or an email?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Can anyone advise please? I would be grateful.

I too received an omega letter, but my story is slightly different.

I have used usenext for many years. This time however, I went to recharge my account and wanted to sign up to a higher useage. I did all the 'clicking' and 'selecting' and went to pay and got to the paypal stage. I clicked 'pay', but I had no funds in my account, so the transaction didn't go through, and I did not receive the extra bandwidth download.

So a couple of months go by, and then i receive the omega letter.

I telephone the woman at usenext, who advises me to pay the money then cancel my account and any other accounts I had. But I could only cancel the other accounts once I had paid the money to re-activate the outstanding account.

Just before I was going to pay, I found your site and sent them the following letter (below). However I received another omega letter saying they are now going to county court?

Can anyone help or advise on what I should do please. Many thanks.

LETTER SENT TO OMEGA

With reference to your email regarding outstanding monies.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please also note the following with regards to accounts for Usenext

They do not recharge the available GB’s of download amounts unless they receive payment – so this is actually a pay as you go service, and as I have obviously not used it, then I am not liable for any payments for said service

Please pass the following onto your client –

1. If they persist in this action, then my solicitor has asked that they provide detailed statistics, including logs to prove these statistics, of failures and down-time for their account servicing and e-mail servers for the said payment owed.

2. I would also like logs and details of all the complaints that they have deleted from their support forums when customers complained about their service, which I’m sure you will agree is a dubious act on Usenexts part.

Please also note the below which is from the OFT Gudiance for debt collectors

1.9 If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question

I am sure that you must now be aware of the many complaints on the internet regarding Aviteo/Usenext practices and that your continued dealings with Aviteo/Usenext could conceivably lead to revocation of your CCL.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, and a signed agreement.

I await your email/written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I am also sending this email in writing to you, with proof of postage and the letter contents, and sending, witnessed by also.

I look forward to your reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER RECEIVED FROM OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES ( received after sending above letter)

Despite our previous reminders we have not received payment for the amount as detailed above.

Please call 0844 474 0855 and use reference ######, or make payment online at #############

Unless we receive payment within 7 days, we shall advise our client to proceed with the following action:

Court Action:

Legal proceedings are initiated through our local County Court at which time additional Court and Solicitors costs of £60.00 will be added to the debt as well as any interest which may have accrued. Once our client has obtained a Judgment, further enforcement costs will be payable by yourself and the Judgment will remain on record for a period of six years.

If you are unable to pay in full immediately, make an initial payment now and call 0845 5195546 to discuss payment options.

Thank you in anticipation of your immediate payment.

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

UseNext Team,

As you probably saw,we have Official Customer Representitives on the CAG,and are happy to see pro-active efforts by any organisation who demonstrate a genuine will to resolve customer complaints or issues.

Can you please contact [email protected] with the view to having your member status recognised in an official capacity.

Thanks

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

urm.....

this very much looks like another ACS:LAW type issue.

trying to charge people for possibly downloading illegal/unlawful content on the back of an underhand small print contract that the punter didn't know they were signing upto in the first place.

and the 'we'll what you have done through our service is illegal so's unless you want us to start shouting out loudly to your freinds/family/workplace - i'd pay up and shut up mate!!.'

questionable invoices to say the least.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear goldmark,

first of all we would like to apologize for the problems you had with

our service.

To make sure there have been no misunderstandings we would like to

remind of the fact that contracts are going to be renewed if not

canceled one day before the run-time for the subscription ends.

As it has already been pointed out by our Support, the problem in your

case is that you signed up for several accounts. Hence, the payment

for for yet another account could not be forwarded and led to the

notification by Omega.

In order to fully take care of your problem we would like to ask you

to contact our Support again (at best by using the Support inquiry) and provide us with the

email addresses used by you for signing up on our website. We will

then do our best to find a satisfactory solution for you.

All the best,

Your UseNeXT Team

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have been receiving these emails from omega credit services. I replied disputing the claim in entirety, to which they completely ignored, and continued to send emails, each time to which I pointed out that I had replied about the matter (and of course these emails were also ignored). Now I have had the same issue as goldmark, where they are threatening to initiate legal action. Is this seriously happening? They are threatening legal action through the use of what is obviously an automated mailing system? Honestly, I feel completely harassed. How on earth do you deal with people who threaten such things but completely ignore your attempts to resolve the matter?

I've cut and paste it from the email below. Many thanks in advance.

Despite our previous reminders we have not received payment for the amount as detailed above.

Please call 0844 474 0855 and use reference xxxxxxx, or make payment online at (consumeactiongroup doesn't let me paste an url here)

Unless we receive payment within 7 days, we shall advise our client to proceed with the following action:

Court Action:

Legal proceedings are initiated through our local County Court at which time additional Court and Solicitors costs of £60.00 will be added to the debt as well as any interest which may have accrued. Once our client has obtained a Judgment, further enforcement costs will be payable by yourself and the Judgment will remain on record for a period of six years.

If you are unable to pay in full immediately, make an initial payment now and call 0845 5195546 to discuss payment options.

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

Hi

I was wandering if any one could give any specific advise,

I have been using usenext for a while now and then one day i got a message saying my account was suspended as i hadnt paid. I checked paypal and they confirmed that the payment had gone out etc.

I emailed and emailed and they just sent a standard letter saying that they hadnt received the payment.

I then disputed through paypal and they refunded the money. I then cancelled the account.

I am now getting standard emails from omega services demanding payment for £34.50

i keep asking what this is for but they just ignore everything i write to them and now are threating court etc.

They just wont tell me what this payment should be for.

Should i be worried that they will take me to court and blacklist me. £34 wont break the bank but i dont want to pay it on principle.

Sent: 13 April 2011 09:23

To: Bell, Danny, VF UK

Subject: Urgent - Aviteo t/as Usenext

Reference: 1103UXT1276181

Automated Payment Ref: 305606

Dear Mr Bell

Account No.: 7282199 Invoice No.: 19118131

Account Total: £34.26 UseNext Web Fees

Please call 0844 474 0855and use reference 305606, or make payment online at

Court Action:

Yours sincerely

OMEGA CREDIT SERVICES

PLEASE CALL 0844 474 0855 AND USE REFERENCE 305606, TO PAY BY CARD,

OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT

IF SENDING PAYMENT BY CHEQUE, PLEASE QUOTE 1103UXT1276181 ON THE REVERSE

For security and training purposes all telephone calls are recorded

Omega Credit Services, PO Box 171 Shrewsbury SY4 1ZZ Consumer Credit Licence Number 628681

Omega Credit Services cannot answer technical questions about our clients’ service. Please contact UseNext Technical support at for further assistance.

UseNext Terms and Conditions

When signing up for the service, you confirmed that you had read and accepted the Terms & Conditions below:

1. I am of legal age.

2. By sending this form I submit a binding offer. This offer is accepted (conclusion of the contract) when I receive an e-mail of confirmation.

The contract enables me to:

a) Test UseNeXT for the next 2 weeks and download up to 3 Gigabyte for free!.

b) Unless I cancel within the test period, or upgrade to a different subscription package, I agree to join for only $11.25*/7,95 Euro per month - for a period of 12 month and get access to 15 Gigabytes download volume for each month. I understand that I may cancel at any time, such that my subscription is not renewed upon expiry. I acknowledge that unless I wish for my account to be automatically renewed for a further service period, I must provide notice of my wish not to renew, at least one day before the end date of the current term.

3. I have read through the terms and conditions and agree to join UseNeXT subject to these terms.

4. Right of withdrawal: I can withdraw my declaration directed on the conclusion of the contract within two weeks in written form without giving any reasons (e.g. using the support form, post, fax or online in the member area). The time allowed starts at the earliest with the receipt of this indoctrination. To ensure the time allowed for your withdrawal the duly dispatch of your withdrawal is sufficient. The withdrawal must be sent to:

Aviteo Ltd.

Gainsborough House

Customer Care

81 Oxford Street

London W1D 2EU

Great Britain

Fax: +49-700-873639813

Please note that this number's prefix depends on the country you live in. A list of prefix codes can be found under "Support Hotline".

Support form:

Member area:

Exlusion of right of withdrawal: My right of withdrawal expires ahead of time if the execution of the service was started with my explicit approval or if I have started the execution myself (e.g. by downloading).

Effects of withdrawal: In case of an effective withdrawal both side's efforts have to be granted aback and incurred use (e.g. interests) has to be restored should the situation arise.

It is not possible to successfully sign up without explicitly confirming and accepting these contract conditions.

Note that your membership of UseNext is extended until you notify UseNext that you wish to cancel. Omega Credit Services cannot do this for you."

Should i be worried as I know that I am in the right, but they just wont give any sensible response.

I was actually quite happy with their service until they started playing silly games,

Any help would be greatlly appreciated, as i really dont want to be hit with a massive bill or blacklistd without putting my side of the story

thanks

Danny

I just don't know if these are empty threats or not. I have searched all over google but can find nothing on these guys other than a youtube video, their website, and this forum.

Does anyone know if Usenext has ever taken anyone to court?

Further to this, does anyone think that they would seriously go through the courts for such small amounts of money? For me, they are trying to get me to pay £117. They say I did not cancel within the 14 days, and then when I would not pay they started lumping fines on top of the £95 fee. The thing is, even if I paid, I would no longer even get access to their service. It's despicable really, if you cancel in the last 14 days of your contract (which I think I did before that anyway), they say you are obliged to pay for another year, but which you won't receive the benefits of that service anyway because you have already cancelled the account! (because the way Usenext works is that when you cancel, they don't let you run out the remainder of your account's download limit and monthly recharges, they just stop access completely).

Its absolutely crazy,

I have been demanding to know what they actually want this money for.

I guess trading standards might be able to help, i would say citezens advice but I havent found my branch that helpful in past issues.

Its criminal what their doing and really amounts to fraud,

There must be some ombudsman that controls credit services.

I wander if theyre just empty threats, - has anyone actually been taken to court by them??

as we've not ever had anyone in this big threat ever comeback and say yes they did this and that. it went to court etc etc

they all seem to be on the face of it - a bit like ACS:LAW issuing empty threats about 'extras' or a rolling contract that the user did not know they were being signed up to.

pers i'd ignore them.

we are now going to close this thread as its getting too large to manage and load.

please start your own thread if necessary by following the link in my sig.

if any users currently on this thread need one creating from their existing posts, please PM ME

dx

siteteam.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks