First Nat/GE Money PPI- Miss-sold?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all would be grateful for your input.

Have been reading about PPI miss selling and i am concerned about the way PPi has been applied in my case apart from the fact i was retired and have a pension why was i sold it? There are other issues about this this agreement which i will go into later re its un-enforceability.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/bernardlivesley/doc1.jpg?t=1234099509

Also have found this relating to the PPI on the above agreement the loan is for 10 years but the PPi looks like it was only in place for 5 years (even tho i didnt want it). Confused i am.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/bernardlivesley/sc0008a9bd.jpg?t=1234100525

Ok found this which answers part of the above http://www.which.co.uk/advice/how-to-tell-if-youve-been-mis-sold-ppi/quick-check-were-you-mis-sold/index.jsp and no i was not informed about it

Thanks AL

Edited by e28bigalbexley

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Hi all would be grateful for your input.

Have been reading about PPI miss selling and i am concerned about the way PPi has been applied in my case apart from the fact i was retired and have a pension why was i sold it? There are other issues about this this agreement which i will go into later re its un-enforceability.

Also have found this relating to the PPI on the above agreement the loan is for 10 years but the PPi looks like it was only in place for 5 years (even tho i didnt want it). Confused i am.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/bernardlivesley/sc0008a9bd.jpg?t=1234100525

Ok found this which answers part of the above Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you?ve been mis-sold PPI - Your money - Which? Advice and no i was not informed about it

Thanks AL

Hello E,

Looks like a typical case of mis-selling to you. They probably just routinely added it, regardless of whether you were elligable to claim on it.

Did you receive the terms and conditions of the policy??????

Were you aware of any commission being paid?????????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

Thanks for the reply HHNF and the answer to both your questions is NO:eek:

Not that i even realized that there was a third party involved.

I was wondering about phoning the Insurance Co and asking about their medical exclusions. Do you think that would wise.

Another point, would the agreement become unenforceable as the charge for ppi and the loan are lumped together, i think i read somewhere that they should be separate items, or am i clutching at straws.

Thanks again AL.

Edited by e28bigalbexley

Hi

Thanks for the reply HHNF and the answer to both your questions is NO:eek:

Not that i even realized that there was a third party involved.

I was wondering about phoning the Insurance Co and asking about their medical exclusions. Do you think that would wise.

Another point, would the agreement become unenforceable as the charge for ppi and the loan are lumped together, i think i read somewhere that they should be separate items, or am i clutching at straws.

Thanks again AL.

Hello E,

Don't know if you have read this thread regarding multiple agreements very interest and makes you look at things from a different angle:D

Multiple agreements falling within section 18 CCA 1974

There is also this thread regarding secret commission.

secret commisions

These cases are rather complex, you have the broker, the lender and the insurance company who all had a bite of the cherry.

Personally I would be writing to them all, for there version of events:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi HH

Thanks for the links will read up on them.

I did phone the insurance company today spoke to a very helpful girl who informed me that as i was retired the policy should never had been sold to me

as you can see on GE's copy of the agreement they have me down as semi-retired

Except on my customer copy :D i have something entirely different:eek:

some scull-duggery is afoot maybe. Just out of interest there appear to be several differences between my customer copy and a GE CCa request copy :-o

AL.

it comes as no surprise you were never given t&c,s from pinnacle.i think this may have been the main swinging point in ge refunding one of our policy,s.you will need to push ge all the way ,we had to file at court .maybe an sar to pinnacle ,include all chat logs ,sounds like an admittance by pinnacle that the policy was not suitable but they were still ok about administering it :-x .might be worth ringing the fos to make that point ,although i don,t think they can help in reclaiming recovery of your ppi

Hi Lilal

Well Pinnacle were the insurers and GE were the creditors but it was a third party(broker) that issued the loan (thanks HH) so lots of commission flying about no doubt. but Ge issued the loan so im going to bash them, they have taken my money when they should not have. Also the the agreement is flawed

it should be a multiple agreement showing the loan and the ppi seperately not all lumped into one agreement. Im going to get my PPI back then im going to Hit them with an unenforcable agreement.

AL

If you are getting no luck with GE Money you can indeed take your complaint to the FOS and it maybe a better option because if they do not uphold your complaint you still have the court route to use where as if you went to the court first and they did not uphold that it end of your complaint.

The only drawback with using the FOS first is as you can imagine they are getting snowed under with complaints and it could take 6 to 12 months to resolve but they are upholding 80% of claims so is worth considering.

Should you choose to use the FOS also remember it costs you nothing but will cost GE Money £450 but court route there are fees involved which you will have to pay if your complaint is not upheld.

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

unfortunately ge weren,t members of the gisc so the fos aren,t able to help against ge .ge must be given time to address your issues as you know ,then they,ll offer you the fla ,i wasted 3 months waiting for them to make a decision ,only for them to decide that "oh you can go to an independant arbitrator but his say is final ".thanks but no thanks ,i trust the fla as much as i think ge are a trusting company:mad:.

i sent mine to a rupert peacock at harrow ,but was dealt with by another ge employee.i,m sure if you address it to complaints dept it will get looked at.

good luck keep posting

Lilal i understand what your saying and i am in this for the long run and figured it would take court action to get my money back having read a few threads about GE earlier.

So tomorrow i am sending GE a SAR (thanks HHNF) special delivery, to get all the statements ect so i can tot up all the interest they have added, and if i have got this right add 8% and contractual interest, please correct me if i am wrong on the interest bit.

AL

Hiya Bexley,

That is correct you can claim the contractual rate as that is what they have charged you plus 8% simple interest as this what the court or FOS would award you on top because they have in effect borrowed that money from you to lend to someone else.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya Bexley,

That is correct you can claim the contractual rate as that is what they have charged you plus 8% simple interest as this what the court or FOS would award you on top because they have in effect borrowed that money from you to lend to someone else.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Thanks Pompey you have put a big :D on my face for that bit of info.

You are more than welcome

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Ok GE have sent some not all Data so have written them a letterif anyone would like to add any comments to please feel free.

Re DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Ms Blundell,

Thank you for the data you have so far supplied.

Unfortunately there does appear to be some information missing.

1.Full copies of all contracts, which relate myself, and your organization. Including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

2.Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains any personal or financial information which pertains to me. IE. Payment Protection Insurance and Credit Reference Agencies.

3.You have included a description of Standard Abbreviations Thank You. I would ask you to forward either your Special or Non Standard Abbreviation List, which includes descriptions of abbreviations such as, MVC, ACD, RDR to list but a few.

4.Could you also explain this statement.

’Information not held within a relevant filing system has not been provided under this Subject Access Request’. It goes on to say, ‘There maybe additional accounts with us that relate to your client. If you require information regarding these accounts or if there is any other information, which you may think we hold please write to us with the following to assist us in locating it:

The relevant reference number

A brief description of the document

The date of the document (if you have this)

We may be in a better position to disclose this information to you’.

May I ask how would you find any Data on myself unless it is contained in a relevant filing system.

5.As you are aware it is your responsibility to ensure my Data is kept secure at all times . Although sent by Special Delivery the totally inappropriate envelope the Data was contained in was damaged in transit and had to be re- packaged by Royal Mail. I find this totally inexcusable and I will be writing to the Information Commissioner to inform them of this.

You have until March the 30th to fulfil my request

Thanks AL

Edited by e28bigalbexley

Hi all

Ok have revised above post and devised this one

Letter sent today special delivery regarding GE's lack of common sense.

sc0004f735-1.jpg picture by bernardlivesley - Photobucket

ge2-1.jpg picture by bernardlivesley - Photobucket

Also added a checklist just to help them:D

Poor little darlings.

AL

I just had the FOS adjudicator rule in my favour with respect to PPI on my loan with GE Money (arranged by Loans.co.uk). The actually found LCUK at fault. LCUK is refusing to accept the adjudicator's opinion so my case is now going to the Ombudsman for a final ruling. The FOS are excellent and very helpful. They are slow but I say go to them the minute you get rejected by GE Money (and your complaint is certain to be rejected by GE Money and the third party arranger).

FCO can i ask what was the date you first took this to the FOS,just trying to gauge what their time scale is at the moment.

Thanks

PF

Dear PF

I filed my complaint in January 2008. For 10 months, I kept getting letters saying that "due to the number of new complaints, it has not been able to assign your complaint to a caseworker but we hope to be able to do so within the next four weeks"! In November I got mad and wrote my MP. Within two weeks, I heard from an adjudicator and was told that he was handling my complaint! Less than a month later, I received a letter upholding my complaint.

I have since learnt that if you have severe financial difficulties, you can ask for expedited consideration. If this is the case for you, make certain you mention it.

Once my case was allocated, I found the FOS very helpful and very fast.

One thing to note: you cannot complain to the FOS until you receive a letter from your lender saying that they have made a final decision. They usually say something like "we will not enter into any further communication about this matter". When you get this obnoxious letter, you can go to the FOS.

Thanks for that FCO mycomplaint is already with the FOS has been since 11/08 and its a tidy sum relating to mis-sold PPI on 8 loans although it should be 9 loans as the co-op said they could not locate the agreement for the 9th loan which is in fact the first one i had with them.

Since they told me that i sent a letter telling them the complaint is now with the fos and i quoted the fos ref number and low and behold that agreement turned up .

I am indeed in financial diffeculty due to having to give up work because of a stroke i had in 1990.

I went back to work for 18 yrs but my doctor laid me off work due to the symtoms of that stroke getting worse i.e. curvature in my back,claw right hand drop right foot, hypertension, pain in left hip due to the left carrying the weight over the yrs plus enlarged prostate gland.

So all this has made my income very limited.

Regards

PF

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Right, have written to GE asking for my PPI + contractual interest back and they have said that they feel as they were not present at the time the loan was sold they are not responsible for PPI being added and i should get in touch with the Holiday company that sold me the loan. They added it is their final response. So i will write to the holiday company and ask the same questions. But i believe it is GE who are at fault as the loan supplier. Any Comments...

Hiya Bexley,

To be honest I would not bother with the holiday company, nor with ge money as they have had there chance of putting this right.

As they have quoted the letter as their final response its time to get your complaint in at the FOS.

Full details below:

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Regards

PF

One thing to note: you cannot complain to the FOS until you receive a letter from your lender saying that they have made a final decision. They usually say something like "we will not enter into any further communication about this matter". When you get this obnoxious letter, you can go to the FOS.

Not totally true, you can go to the FOS if the 8 week deadline passes with no response to your PPI claim.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.