N.P V Egg

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to dd my little bit to the proceedings, I have similar but from a different DCA...Cr@pquest to be precise who have mysteriously added around £1500 to the account from the last contact with Egg.

I have had no notice of assignment either. Will be using that if it ever gets to court...oh and its also stat barred..ha...let them chase..its costing them.

(ps...not hijacking thread, just my experience of Egg selling debts on)

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Just to dd my little bit to the proceedings, I have similar but from a different DCA...Cr@pquest to be precise who have mysteriously added around £1500 to the account from the last contact with Egg.

I have had no notice of assignment either. Will be using that if it ever gets to court...oh and its also stat barred..ha...let them chase..its costing them.

(ps...not hijacking thread, just my experience of Egg selling debts on)

No problems with adding your lttle bit Belaflat, that`s what these forums are for?

It makes you wonder why Egg are REALLY selling a bundle of accounts, doesn`t it?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Just had a blazing row on the phone with our friends after they continued to call my home number despite agreeing not to! They claim they have no legal obligation to send a notice of assignment to me nor supply an account number! I asked her to repeat several times that they were not required to send an NOA, so folks unless you ask you will not get one.

They really are stupid. I know I shouldn't argue over the phone but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I did say that I could write to her with a made up debt and ask for in the same way.

Isn't it about time the OFT etc started clamping down on these cowboys?

I wouldn`t have bothered.

I might write back and ask them when I can expect to receive the payment they have offered me, heh heh :D

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

I know, but I did enjoy my rant. It seems as soon as you mention a disputed account they back off really quickly. Thought it was interesting that they have no intention of sending an NOA. The number quoted doesn't bear any relation to the account in dispute and the reference number they appear to have made up, what clowns. The question is do I send a what debt is this letter or the account in dispute?

The account or reference number will be their number, not Eggs.

You could send a Dispute Letter, stating that this account is in sewrious dispute with Egg, and should not be fobbed off to some bunch of empty headed, knob jockeys.

Sent my ACC in DIS letter. Anybody else notice that their postcode is 9BS, which apart from appropriate is the main collections centre for the mail and not their offices according to Streetview.

Out of interest, I was under the impression once an account had been defaulted that interest could no longer be applied, is this true?

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi Helios,

I can`t say that I have, I have only received the above letter from them.

Following your thread with interest - I too have an Egg Loan where they used the money to pay off Egg Card. Unfortunately this was before I found CAG and I've finished up with a couple of CCJ's which I'm looking to set aside, so I'm also watching PT's thread.

My thread:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/185380-mightyacorn-egg-2.html

• 1 month later...

Afternoon followers and friends,

Right, unfortunately I received another letter this morning from those cranks at Aktiv.

They have also started annoying my on my mobile, but a little APP has put a stop to that, which blocks ALL calls from numbers and withheld numbers, not listed in my phone book. It also instantly deletes SMS`s which they may also send, cool eh?

It goes something like this -

Aktiv2.jpg

They seem to be offering me a small discount, and inform me that their friendly staff are there to help, how nice of them to be so concerned about my finances, or lack of.

Anyway I thinking of ignoring these one, as it`s very boring.

The original loan was for around £13,500 which they seemed to split in two. They kept half to pay off an Egg Card, and the other simply does not show up in my Bank Account Statements, it`s like it was never deposited.

I think a letter requesting immediate payment of £13,500 might be in order next time around.

Comments people?

N.P

Evening all,

Well, nothing much to add except these knob jockeys have been ringing my mobile everyday. They have so far, rang 5 times today.

Luckily, I have a call blocker on my HTC, which blocks all calls and instantly deletes texts from strangers.

A log file is also saved incase I want to check out if anyone empty heads have tried to hassle me.

Will these bell ends ever get the hint?

Cool eh?

Guest HeftyHippo
The original loan was for around £13,500 which they seemed to split in two. They kept half to pay off an Egg Card, and the other simply does not show up in my Bank Account Statements, it`s like it was never deposited.

I'm puzzled by the above having read all the thread. Where did it go? You must have noticed at the time you hadn't had the money surely? Have you asked them where they sent it? Maybe it went to the wrong person?

IMHO, if they did split the load and used some to pay off the card, part of it falls under the restricted use part of the CCA (or whatever its called, been a while since I read the relevant part). You also need cancellation rights on the agreement - that alone may make the agreement unenforceable.

Reading this thread after searching for stuff about ARC as I got a letter from them recently. Maybe AK will buy my junk next?

Hi HH,

Yep, that`s what I mean now. They will have to prove I received it.

My statements do not show up anything from Egg, except the monthly direct debits changed both in name and amount.

In short, I could argue they owe me the £13,500, and any monies I have paid them, including interest at their own rate ;)

Guest HeftyHippo

but to ask a silly question, as a judge might, when the loan was approved, your side of the story is that some of it paid off your Egg card, and the rest you didn't receive. If the paperwork said a loan for 13500, and 7000 (or something went to the Egg card, you would have asked yourself where the other 6500 was. Did you ask yourself that question at the time? Have Egg issued paperwork that states where the other bit was paid, because it is possible it went to some lucky sod who wasnt expecting it!

Morning HH,

As it would be their claim, that would be then for them to prove I received it.

I did receive a small statement later on, showing the loan had been split in two.

One could say it slipped my mind, then totally forgot.

Egg have now sold this account to Aktiv.

I have tried logging into the Lloyds TSB account to print out statements from that time, but the account has now been blocked, which is another story, so I am unable to retrieve anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening boys and girls,

At the weekend I received the following letters from Aktiv, both in the same envelope.

They go something like this -

Number 1

Aktiv3.jpg

Number 2

AktivEgg1.jpg

Note how the letter from Egg doesn`t state any details?

Any comments people?

N.P