Are Barclays right???

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My friend is currently going through a hard time with his bank Barclays. He is £400 overdrawn, currently out of work so doesn't really have any way of paying the debt off. He has been worried sick about this and finally asked for my help. As a frequent user to this wonderful forum I assured him I would help to the best of my ability. I told him to get his statements from the last 6 years and we would look at claiming back all his unlawful charges. We sat and worked it out to the sum of £600. We thought fantastic and he felt a lot happier. Today he recieves a call from a woman at Barclays and she is demanding the money that he is overdrawn by. He tells her that he isn't paying anything and that he is claiming back all his charges. She then informs him that Barclays have won the high court case and they don't have to pay back any charges to anyone. She told him to check it out on the Internet.

Is this true or was she spinning my friend a little lie?

Edited by sploits
Typo

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

A LITTLE lie? :lol: How about a great big fat one?

As it stands, no-one has won the test case.

1 - OFT wins on UTCCR argument (they can decide on fairness of charges).

2 - Banks win on penalty argument, apart from a small window of Natwest charges (you can't claim the charges as penalties)

3 - The banks have appealed on point 1, and we're waiting for the decision.

So in other words, claim away. Make sure you claim under the hardship rules which mean that his case shouldn't get stayed and go for it.

;-)

Thank you bookworm. I had a feeling that it might have been a little bit of Barclays bull. Thanks again :)

Hardship? Is that due to him not working at present? If so how to sort that?

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p