Accused and so embarrassed

mike16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we know that you are a good person:)

more importantly YOU DO

people thrive on gossip,any one knowing you will know its crap

if your sol does job there should not be a need to involve press,

scary thought agreed always get prats who think no smoke without fire,

but the facts speak the truth anyone with half a brain will see COVER UP .

what is sol intending to do?

do you want to be allowed to continue shopping there after the way they have treated you?

ask yourself this. what will it take to stop you feeling dirty or ashamed ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam

Well i would like an apology, i would like an apology from the Coop to me and my family, not a computer written letter i want at least a handwritten letter and then the same apology made to me in front of the staff that i know there, as one of the staff members lives very near to me.

I would never shop there again as i would not be able to walk in there.

I feel with the letter of apology that would make me feel better, well i hope anyway.

Michael

a verbal in front of all staff is the least you deserve for what they have put you through.

if this is done and everyone knows that you are totally innocent,maybe in time you will be able to shop there again,why should you have to be put out and travel through their actions,but i do understand that you feel uncomfortable.:)chin up.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Hi Sam

Well yes if i am being honest, i feel once you have a label, it is very hard to get rid of it, i don't want people thinking i am a theif, even though i know i am not, but you know what todays society is like.

Hi everyone

Well just to give you an update.

I have spoken to the Solicitor today and i am not going to go any further as the costs are too great.

The solicitor is very nice and has advised me and he feels it is Disgusting behaviour from the Store, and he said he could do a letter and get them to reimburse any cost, but they may not decide to pay them and then i get landed with a bill instead.

So i am not going to go ahead with further action as the cost is to great and i realise that the solicitor at the end of the day has a job to do and that, but i just want to thank people for hearing me out and advising me, thankyou all so much, like my mum has just said, we know the Truth and it is there loss.

Thankyou everyone

Michael

Wow, it's amazing - I am writing my dissertation on retail theft and the amount of actual incidents that are detected is extremely small. Therefore, to be fingered when you are actually innocent must be particularly unfortunate. Put it in the past now. Just another example where the actions of a few result in everyone getting the blame - a sad state of affairs.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi everyone

Well just to give you an update.

I have spoken to the Solicitor today and i am not going to go any further as the costs are too great.

The solicitor is very nice and has advised me and he feels it is Disgusting behaviour from the Store, and he said he could do a letter and get them to reimburse any cost, but they may not decide to pay them and then i get landed with a bill instead.

So i am not going to go ahead with further action as the cost is to great and i realise that the solicitor at the end of the day has a job to do and that, but i just want to thank people for hearing me out and advising me, thankyou all so much, like my mum has just said, we know the Truth and it is there loss.

Thankyou everyone

Michael

gutted for you hun:mad:

have to try to put it behind you now,apology would have been great:sad: but you should not have to pay...listen to your mum

Hi

All i can do is write to the Coop again for them to reinvestigate this, i have done the letter and will post this tonight, so lets see what happens this time and if anything happens i will let you all know

Michel

That stinks. Sorry to hear it. Have you thought about looking for another Solicitor?

So the original Manager you talked to who you rang in the first instance turned against you and lied through his teeth? The one who originally thanked you for your honesty and offered you a bottle of wine?? What a stinker!

If i win the lottery on Saturday I'll pay your costs. ;)

I know you don't want to do it but if it were me i would make the Store ashamed of themselves (they should be, not you!) with so much bad publicity and a campaign to boycott their store by everyone in the town. (You would soon get your apology after that started.)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi

Well n point with another solicitor as they will all have high fees.

I will fight it as much as i can with another letter of complaint.

I have also requested a copy of the CCTV footage, so i will keep you updated.

Thanks Michael

• 1 year later...

Helo and Good Morning everyone.

Well the person in question here was my son, who commited suicide in the Summer of 2010, My son was a great man and i now have his laptop and for the last week have been re reading this on his laptop, i am shocked and appaulled by this.

I do for one remember the incident very well as he was so distressed that day and very upset, as parents myself and his mum went to see him and we did try to reason with the Manager of this Coop to tell them he was our son and WE know him the best and he is NO thief at all.

Basically the manager put the phone down on me !!!

My son since this incident changed him, this incideny totally upset him and he actually moved house as he was glanced at, as this is a very small clicky neighbourhood of a village and he was eaten away by such shame.

When we had to go to the house to collect personal items there was a lot of items written about this incident and on his laptop this was on there and i just personally want to thank all of those out there who supported him at the time, on reading your comments you were ALL VERY kind to him and gave him lots of support, I myself as his Dad thankyou too.

To the day of his death he had never once been in any trouble, as a child he was too perfect. lol and as an adult he was superb and We were so proud of him.

I thought i would let you know as simple little incidents like this can cost a life. Shame on the Co op.

Do take care everyone and be safe.

Well the person in question here was my son, who commited suicide in the Summer of 2010, My son was a great man and i now have his laptop and for the last week have been re reading this on his laptop, i am shocked and appaulled by this.

I do for one remember the incident very well as he was so distressed that day and very upset, as parents myself and his mum went to see him and we did try to reason with the Manager of this Coop to tell them he was our son and WE know him the best and he is NO thief at all.

My son since this incident changed him, this incideny totally upset him and he actually moved house as he was glanced at, as this is a very small clicky neighbourhood of a village and he was eaten away by such shame.

When we had to go to the house to collect personal items there was a lot of items written about this incident and on his laptop this was on there and i just personally want to thank all of those out there who supported him at the time, on reading your comments you were ALL VERY kind to him and gave him lots of support, I myself as his Dad thankyou too.

To the day of his death he had never once been in any trouble, as a child he was too perfect. lol and as an adult he was superb and We were so proud of him.

I thought i would let you know as simple little incidents like this can cost a life. Shame on the Co op.

that made me cry, im so sorry for your loss. im totally disgusted with the Co-op, they should not get away with this, especially since the only "crime" was he was too honest. its the fault of the saleswoman and the manager. i hope you find peace xx

Derbydad, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I chanced across this thread and am glad, but also upset and appalled that I did. I fully appreciate all this is 'anonymous', in some ways, but thank you too for sharing your news, as difficult as it must be for you and your family.

It was only a couple of years ago I nearly lost a close family member who had attempted to end their own life and it was really only luck that meant they were not successful. And it was just bad luck, I suppose, that meant Michael appears to have been wrongfully accused and ignored by the Co-Op in the way he so frustratingly descibed.

I'm still at a loss as to why the Co-Op appeared to have behaved so dreadfully. Yet, for whatever it is worth, re-reading Michael's posts, he comes across an 'innocent', which may explain the apparantly appalling behaviour on their part. He was right to stand his ground though and I am only sorry that he later felt he could not pursue matters.

Seems strange to me to be writing in this way, but I do most sincerely hope that you and your family find some peace.

x

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)

Hi Derbydad.

That was a very brave thing to do, come on here and bring this to a close. I'm so sorry to hear about your son.

Unfortunately I have a reputation on here for being a hard nosed cynic, even sanctimonious. But this really got me.

Do the Manager and Staff at the coop know about this tragic ending?

Hammy :sad:

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Good Morning

Well thankyou for much for all your nice words and replies.

They do not know about my son passing away, infact i was going to let them know

but i am not doing, as when Michael was trying to fight and clear his name he was getting no

where as there pure attitude was shocking, even when i intervened they just hung up on the telephone

to me !

When he sold his home at a very reduced amount just to get out the village, he was very emotionally drained and just wanted to be to move on, his neighbours were very supportive as they know him so well too, but like any smaller community there are always some who will always label you and this is what had upset him !

all he ever wanted in life was to be fair and not be judged.

We his parents have to put this to a close as this would start to eat at us, if only i knew more about my son and his feelings, maybe i could have done something more, but he did try certain legal options but 95% would not offer any help and the one that did wanted over £2,500 worth of fees, and he did not have that kind of monies available to him.

If i knew at the time i would of have helped in any way i could, this is all in hindsight now.

Once again Thankyou so much for the replies and i for one hope something like this never ever happens to anyone.

Take care all and may i wish you all the very best for the Christmas season.

Extra added note @ 4pm

Well i have taken the duly decision to contact the manager of the so called store where this happened

After taking my phone call at great length and i am so pleased i did this he was dumb founded by what i

had told him, he was literally speechless and recalls the incident very well but he also watched what he

did say , which to be fair you going to do !

I am now ending this matter as i know my son was a good man and no trouble at all on this small planet of ours

i also want to really say a VERY big thankyou to all comments made and guiding Michael in the right way, it is so

nice to know that there are so many nice genuine decent folk out there, Thankyou.

Edited by Derbydad
updated information.

So sorry to hear of your loss, what a terrible ending. :(

Wishing you all the best. Mat

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

• 3 weeks later...

This is truely very sad news that your son took his own life in light of his treatment by this company, me personally as a parent I would not rest until these scumbags are brought to justice.

Its a wonderful thing that those who knew him never thought anything bad of him a still saw him for the genuine person he was. I don't know how this manager his staff can sleep at night now knowing your son's fate.

It was mentioned to your son about involving the local press, I would certainly consider doing so to bring as much shame and bad publicity on this store and company.

Hi Derbydad

I just wanted to add my condolences.

I have just read this thread for the first time and it's clear that Michael was an innocent victim, and I while I can understand how this may have made him feel dirty, I'm sad that he also felt shame. I live in a small village and know what gossip can be like, although I suspect that few people really knew anything happened.

I hope you take comfort that your son clearly valued the support he received, not just on this site, but from his family. I'm glad you let the manager know that there were consequences to his actions and hope that he'll learn from that for the future, but I think you're right to put this firmly in the past and concentrate on all the many good things in your sons life and the precious time that you had with him.

He was clearly a fine young man that you're rightly proud of.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Haha 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was just browsing and got caught up in this terrible story.

Michael came over as a decent, honest, sensitive guy who was the victim of a terrible injustice, but I was shocked to the core at how it ended up.

I think if it were one of my children, I'd print this entire thread out and send it to every newspaper, tv and radio station in the country - but I also realise that people react differently to such a tragic loss of someone dear, and that perhaps that's not your way.

It shines through that people who knew Michael were never in any doubt that he was absolutely innocent - that was also perfectly clear to the many people here who did not know him personally, but who offered advice, sympathy and support to a stranger whose story appalled them and touched their hearts.

I hope you are able to find peace in the New Year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anotherfakename

I would go straight to my solictor and have them sue the shops head office for the defamation of character. Your phone comapny should be able to verify the call was made to the shop and the fact you went back to pay should serve to make it obvious that this was a genuine mistake by a regular customer.

Personally I would be looking for compensation around the million pound mark. This doesn't seem unreasonable considering you've been barred from a local shop, your neighbours will probably by now have an idea you've been banned, may even know why, the shop staff certainly do and your reputation and character in your local area have been destroyed.

Go for it. Kick them where it hurts - their bank balance.

I would go straight to my solictor and have them sue the shops head office for the defamation of character. Your phone comapny should be able to verify the call was made to the shop and the fact you went back to pay should serve to make it obvious that this was a genuine mistake by a regular customer.

Personally I would be looking for compensation around the million pound mark. This doesn't seem unreasonable considering you've been barred from a local shop, your neighbours will probably by now have an idea you've been banned, may even know why, the shop staff certainly do and your reputation and character in your local area have been destroyed.

Go for it. Kick them where it hurts - their bank balance.

Don't pay any attention to this advice

I've just chanced upon this thread and I have to say I'm quite shocked at the outcome of this tragic tale. I wish to pass on my condolences. Whatever action is taken/not taken will never remedy the situation, but in my opinion, the person/s culpable should be told of the consequences of their actions. Whether they'll care or not is another matter.

I'm truly sorry for the loss.