style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how I can get bailiff fees assessed as I am sure they are way over the top, but the bailiff company insist they are not (no surprise there!). I have followed the advice from bailiffadviceonilne and applied to the court the judgement was made at for a detailed assessment, and they have returned my application with a note saying that this court cannot assess charges for bailiffs????

Thanks in advance.

smee

The bailiff company have already provided me with a full breakdown of fees. I understand the levy fee, and the walking possession fee, but what I cannot understand is the £450 'enforcement fee'. The bailiff company say they are quite within their rights to charge this, as do the local council, however 'enforcement fee' is not a very specific term to me. Someone told me it was probably a van fee, but is £450 a realistic figure? The charges allowed state reasonable fee for attendance with a van, but I do not agree that this is reasonable so wanted the courts to have a look.

Thanks TomTubby

Is for Business rates

Breakdown approx figures are

Council Debt £1450

W/P & Levy £90

Enforcement Fee £450

Have been down all the complaining to council and bailiff company routes, but they are all digging their heels in. I was therefore advised to apply to the court to have a detailed assessment of the fees, but the courts have returned this saying they cannot do it at this court. It is my local court and the one where the liability order was granted. I am exempt from court fees, so enclosed EX160 for this purpose.

If the courts will not look at the fees, and the council and bailiffs are saying they can charge this fee, where should I turn?