Halifax C/A & CC - help please?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My ostrich impression with regards to personal finance needs addressing, unfortunately, so I'd appreciate any advice, please.

Halifax current account - I've been in contact with bank re charges which amount to £3100-odd over the past 3½ years, and have made a claim on hardship grounds (currently in receipt of JSA). There was a couple of letters back and forth before I sent off the Common Financial Statement. They've recently written back and offered to refund £553 - the total of charges between Sept '08 and Jan '09 only - but NOT as a 'full and final' offer, more a goodwill thing without any acceptance of liability. In the meantime, the account has been defaulted and sent to Albion Collections. Looking through templates do I now send letter no.4, refusing the offer and threatening to move onto legal action? Should I also be writing to the bank to demand the withdrawal of the default and could I use this as leverage in my claim for charges?

Halifax Credit Card - just had a solicitors letter threatening court action within a week if I fail to make a full payment of approx £4200. Is it best to ask for a CCA from Halifax and a letter explaining this to the solicitor, to buy some time? Unfortunately I've only very limited computer time daily at present so I've not got the time to investigate fully the issues around CCs and CCAs, so would someone please provide a relevant link or give a potted history?

Thanks in anticipation of your help...

Current account:- As long as it isn'ty a FF offer, take it and carry on claiming the charges.

I'm not aware of any arrangement which gets them off the hardship hook simply by a partial refund.

However, have you anything in writing from them which indicates that they accept your hardship position?

You have no leverage position with them and you will not be able to demand removal of the default. They really don't care about you.

The only tme you will have leverag is when the OFt position is finalyy confirmed and then you will be able to get everything, charges, interest, removal of default and compensation.

What is the CC card debt about?