Markmarcos -v- BC **WON £500 Compensation**

markmarcos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a reply from the FOS today.

"Thankyou for your recent enquiry.

From the information you have provided, it would appear that we cannot deal with your complaint because the business is not covered as i am afraid that there are some limitations to our powers. One of these is that we do not have a general "policing" function with regard to companies. We do not, for example, have power to order or recommend that a company should improve its level of service or its administrative procedures."

What a load of tosh :mad:

I thought these guys were for real, seems another dept of jokers!

What next guys?

Got a reply from the FOS today.

"Thankyou for your recent enquiry.

From the information you have provided, it would appear that we cannot deal with your complaint because the business is not covered as i am afraid that there are some limitations to our powers. One of these is that we do not have a general "policing" function with regard to companies. We do not, for example, have power to order or recommend that a company should improve its level of service or its administrative procedures."

What a load of tosh :mad:

I thought these guys were for real, seems another dept of jokers!

What next guys?

Not good :-(

The OFT now have a section dedicated to complaints about the DCA's, wont get you any personal satisfaction but its another nail in the DCA's coffin

Other than that you could try complaining to the CSA (dont laugh, its just a suggestion) or legal action (which is the only path with possible compensation)

S.

If they have a section dedicated to DCA's, then why can they not deal with my complaint?

The OFT unfortunately dont deal with individual problems, they do however note down all the problems found with company "a" for example and when company "a" comes to renew their credit licence, supposedly this is all taken into account.

Also the more people that complain the more action is taken... for example the censure moves they made against a couple of DCA's this year to get them to supposedly toe the OFT debt collection guidelines line.

S.

Hi MM,

The Shadow is saying you can make a complaint to the OFT about the DCA which will be logged against the DCA, hopefully as a black mark when licence renewal comes up.

The FOS have said they won't take any further action.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi MM,

The Shadow is saying you can make a complaint to the OFT about the DCA which will be logged against the DCA, hopefully as a black mark when licence renewal comes up.

The FOS have said they won't take any further action.

Now why couldnt I put it that plainly :-(

Cheers

S.

Hi MM,

The point is that the OFT will not be able to assist on your individual case.

In which case, I doubt you'll get the response you want.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)