Why does nobody want to help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Wondering if you provide some advice or point me in the right direction.

I bought a car via autotrader from a man who claim he 'bought and sold' cars. He provided the cars service history and a HPI report. Bought the car in good faith but it was repossed due to outstanding finance! Completed an HPI check which revealed that there was outstanding finance (hindsight is a great thing). So I like to get my money back.

Tried contacting the seller but no luck. Address he gave on the receipt and name are probably alias. I did confront him at another house to which he claimed he has no knowledge of me or the car he sold.

Spoke to the police, citizens advice, consumer direct and trading standards who are not really interested. They all offer one piece of advice and that is to a small claims court (which I intend to do). This is where the problem is. In order for me to go to the courts I need his actual name and address but I have difficulty obtaining this.

Consumer Direct stated the only offer 'advice' whilst trading standards will not persue the matter as it is a civil matter. I have tried contacting autotrader who cannot divulge information on their systems due to Data Protection laws (rightly so) but stated that a 'legal body' completes and returns a 'Data Protection Forms' in order for this information to be released.

Could someone please advise what do they mean by a 'legal body' and what are 'Data Protection Forms'? I applied for keep history via DVLA and there are no details of him as a registered keeper.

Seems like I am continually banging my head against a brick wall and any advice would be appreciated.

Moral of the story is do an HPI check.

Many thanks...

Can you get a copy of the original autotrader advert? I know the Inland revenue rely heavily on back issues of the autotrader when they are investigating people - maybe you can get your revenge in another way;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON