Arrangement to Pay - Removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

10 Years ago I had over £30,000 of debt. I am now totally debt free (as of last year) and have been doing my best to totally clean up my credit record.

All of my defaults are now clear (i had 4!) and no longer show which I am very happy with :D

However 2 accounts which were settled in 2005 and 2006 (they never defaulted - just were marked as 'arrangement to pay') still show on my credit file despite the fact they were settled a few years back now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible for me to write to the creditors (MBNA and Barclaycard) to ask them politely to remove this information as these entries are the ONLY bad things that remain on my record.

Without these i will have a CLEAN credit record for the first time in years. :D

I'm nearly there - just need to get rid of these needless entries.

Wouldn't it be nice to imagine that these people cared enough to take a decent attitude to someone who had quite clearly demonstrated a very sound attitude.

But it will snow in Hell, first.

Wouldn't it be nice to imagine that these people cared enough to take a decent attitude to someone who had quite clearly demonstrated a very sound attitude.

But it will snow in Hell, first.

so i take that as a no then? :confused:

they are both settled

Hi,

10 Years ago I had over £30,000 of debt. I am now totally debt free (as of last year) and have been doing my best to totally clean up my credit record.

All of my defaults are now clear (i had 4!) and no longer show which I am very happy with :D

However 2 accounts which were settled in 2005 and 2006 (they never defaulted - just were marked as 'arrangement to pay') still show on my credit file despite the fact they were settled a few years back now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible for me to write to the creditors (MBNA and Barclaycard) to ask them politely to remove this information as these entries are the ONLY bad things that remain on my record.

Without these i will have a CLEAN credit record for the first time in years. :D

I'm nearly there - just need to get rid of these needless entries.

Its definitely worth a try. I had 2 defaults removed using this polite method!

• 1 month later...

Hi Chump

How did you get on with this?

I, like so many others it seems have apparently entered into an "Arrangement to Pay" with MINT cards, without being informed of the implications.

I fully settled the account as arranged but see now, thanks to this fully settled account without default, I have a bad credit rating.

Thans