• Tweets

• OP stated they had been arrested, but not charged (let alone convicted). They DON'T have a criminal record, but do have an entry on the PNC. That information stays on the PNC (Police National Computer) for life, but doesn't get released in a standard DBS. It only MIGHT get released for an Enhanced DBS (eDBS) check  ... but it would be incredibly unlikely. (The rational behind this is that eDBS's allow for 'information at Chief Officer of Police's discretion' ..... this covers the 2 'barring lists' and is also intended for the scenario where someone has multiple arrests or investigations, where safeguarding is a concern .... it was brought in after the Soham murders / Ian Huntley case, where the information known about the now-convicted child murderer may have prevented his employment in a school, had it been made available). So, for the sake of accuracy and completeness, arrests stay on the PNC for life, wont appear in a standard DBS, MIGHT appear in an eDBS, but in reality, would be the exception rather than the norm, and I can't see them being released  to a defense barrister. What then if the defence found out a different way, and brought it up in court?. Again, unlikely, but the important feature is that the judge would make sure they trod very carefully!. They MIGHT consider using it if there were other factors that allowed them to try to cast doubts as to the truthfulness of your evidence, but on its own : No way. Anyone MIGHT be arrested (if a seemingly plausible complaint been made against them)! The approach to take if it did come up is to be truthful. "Yes, I was arrested. It arose from a vexatious complaint. I wasn't charged, let alone convicted. That could happen to any one of us, if a vexatious complaint gets made" Far better that than lying, saying you'd never been arrested, and getting caught in a lie : that would ruin your credibility. I'm incredibly doubtful it will even come up, though.
    • we dont get N157 because its new OCMC but no court dont have evidence either.   Just seems a bit of a pointless wait but oh well
    • Post #9 suggested some options to avoid or put off having a smart meter. Post #12 a simple solution to your complaint about the ay they handle fixed monthly DD. It's not really clear why you posted if you're going get irate when members "jump in" with suggestions. You can see what I'm referring to on "gasracker.uk" to allay your suspicion that I was lying in Post #16 which was made to correct ther misinformation shown in your Post #15
    • Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. They also say they do not/will not disable any smart functionality when they fit a smart meter I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

unreadable cca from goldfish/cabot

r&b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have recieved a reply (long after the 12 day cut-off) from cabot financial regarding the debt they have taken on from Goldfish Bank. The cca they have sent is too small to read but they seem to think, as in their letter, that they have now fulfilled their obligation under the cons cred act 1974. i ve read that illegible/unreadable replies do not indeed fulfill this, my question is what do i do next? Also what is the point of the 12 day window if they can just produce one whenever they get round to it? Is there any legislation that penalises them for this? Many thanks in advance

Hi all. The attached is the copy of the "credit agreement" sent by cabot for the Goldfish debt they have taken. as you can see its so tiny its unreadable. This was accompanied by a phtocopy of some terms and conditions and a few statements from 01/02/07 to 06/07/08, last paymt made on 07/01/08 according to the statements. There is also a notice of assignment of the account with "representation of letter dated 25/09/08" written in pencil across the top and a very odd letter where no details have come through at all (both attached). Ive read on a thread here that 'Laise' who appeared to be a lawyer or in the legal profession, said that it was best not to alert these companies by sending acc in dispute and SARs and merely build a case based on unenforcable cca and harrassment- phone calls/letters,etc., which makes sense to me. My problem here is as they have sent something, albeit unreadable, in court, would they enhance this and produce a readable copy and destroy any defense i had built on the unenforcable cca lines? What course of action should i take here? I am currently telling them politely to put anything they have to say in writing when they call, but i m guessing it wont be long before they threaten and pursue the court route.My instinct is to send an account in dispute letter on the grounds of the cca being unreadable and thereby unenforcable and see what i get back. Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome.

CABOT GOLDFISH CCA.jpg

CABOT GOLDFISH notice of assignment.jpg

CABOT GOLDFISH notice of assignment2.jpg

sorry about the size these are better...

src="http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/robntanya/CABOTGOLDFISHCCA.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

src="http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/robntanya/CABOTGOLDFISHnoticeofassignment.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

src="http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/robntanya/CABOTGOLDFISHnoticeofassignment2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

any ideas this? what is the plan if they send unreadable cca? do i need to reply and give them a chance to amend the cca ?

Hi r&b,

This is actually a Morgan Stanley application before they were taken over by Goldfish. You need to get Morgan Stanley (MS) into your thread title as there are a number of us with these agreements, or variations on them. Mine isn't exactly the same, but you have the financial conditions down one side of the back page, and these are almost certainly an excerpt from the real T & Cs, which were on a separate document. I can't actually read them, but I'm almost certain they will be the same as others, with references through to conditions which aren't there. Have a look at Noomill's thread - I think his application form might be like yours. It's also worth looking at all the other MS/Goldfish/Barclaycard threads.

The prescribed terms have to be "within the four corners of the agreement" - they cannot be in a separate document.

Goldfish are now owned by Barclaycard who sent me my almost illegible copy. I wrote back to them asking them to explain all the discrepances about conditions relating to other conditions (missing!!) and haven't heard back. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

DD

Yes, Blencathra,

It does seem a bit like that at times, but compared to how things were in October this is a hundred times better. So far, I have one agreement which is totally unenforceable as I have written to tell them, a signature box from Cap One, and that won't be enforceable, the three with bcard, then another account which looks okay, but I really don't think the T&Cs were actually on the back so I need to go and have a look because if they weren't there it won't be enforceable, and still waiting on BOS's agreement after three months and three requests, and it's over 10 years old so who knows what it will say.

I was absolutely beside myself before I discovered CAG. Then I've seen that other people have as many cards/loans, etc., as I do - and more!! - and are fighting them and I feel so much better.

It's obviously not brilliant, but it's definitely better. :)

DD

so true danilella we have what seems like mountains of debt which went horribly wrong when i was bitten in a very nasty place by the credit crunch.....but the support here really does help...we re in the early stages of sorting it but there s light at the end of the tunnel.....we ve got various stages from ccjs and charging orders on our house to wot appear to be "hot potatoes" bein thrown arnd dca s. as a whole they seem daunting but separating them out and handling them individully with the advice from the very kind souls on here gives a different outlook on things.....id never have dreamed of takin one of these companies on in court myself but if it gets to that - it will - i ll have a crack having taken some advice from here of course...reading of some success stories helps immeasurably..

• 3 weeks later...

cabot were driving us mad with phone calls, all replies were, "put everything in writing and i ll reply to that". sent the harrassment letter to which i ve had this reply....are there any other letters i can let them have or should i just report them, if so to whom and how? the situation here is that ive had an illegible CCA and some statements in reply to my CCA request and a letter stating that they are compiling my SAR.

src="http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/robntanya/CABOTharrassmentreply.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

• 2 years later...

Been a long time but this has come back to bite... its been clubbed together with another debt so updated together on new thread here if anyone interested:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302107-CABOT-EGG-GOLDFISH-COURT-ORDER-clubbed-together