Info About Trafford And Phoenix Bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there:),not sure if anyone on this forum has had any dealing with Trafford Council and their bailiff !!!!!! but if you have and think you might have been charged 2 or more van fees for council tax or business rates then you might be able to get 2nd3rd van fee charges back (if applied for 2008/9 arrears) apparently in April 2008 Trafford Council told there bailiffs not to apply more than 1 van charge to any accounts that they give to them:-D SO GET LOOKING THROUGH YOUR STATEMENTS AND SEE WHAT CHARGES THEY HAVE WACKED ON.

YOU READY FOR THIS MY CHARGES.

£24.50 first visit (ok I expected that)

£18.00 second vist (yep new that one as well)

£12.00 walking possesion(yep)

£62.75 levy (so far so good bailiffs haven't let me down with charges)

£285.00 Attendance/Van (WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

£285.00 Attendance/Van (:eek:THEY HAVE GOT TO BE HAVING A LAUGH)

£687.25 total charges added

Complained to council about unfair charges so I am awaiting a cheque for £285.00:lol:

.......BUT (hear we go) A van charge of £285.00 :?when the bloody bailiff drives around all day every bloody day in a van,it's not as though he went out and hired a brand new shiney van to take my stuff away in, so that he didn't get any of it dirty is it!!!!!!! The firms only based about 20 miles away what kinda fuel was the theiving git using something they bought in from NASA to get them to debtors quicker..... Oh sorry!! just thought, it might have been one of those new flying vans that I've seen knocking about at Manchester Airport,so if you are a bailiff I do apologise because those flying vans are really expensive to run.

Glad I got that of my chest:-D

I want part of my £285.00 1st van fee back and I'm going to constantly contact them and annoy them until they hand it over just to get rid of me(see how they like it!!!)

Seriously though the bailiff has commited an act of Fraud by adding the 2nd van charge,as he will have been aware that no 2nd van charges should have been added,so I am looking into this aswell.

I would be intrested if anyone in the Trafford area has had van charges added to their account if you could pm me as the van charges go from one extreme to another. (Mrs M 1st Van Charge £95.00 2nd Vand Charge £170.00)(Mr R 1st Van Charge £125.00 2nd Van Charge £185.00)these are for concil tax whearas mine were for B/Rates,but as I said I would be intrested.bye,bye for now.

Edited by 5yno

i am sure that i have read tha if you can prove that you could hire a van at a more competitive rate then thats all they can charge, assuming they have the legitimate right to charge in the first instance. for instance they may say £500 for a van, when in actual fact you could prove you can get the ame van for say £100... i have seen taht somewher but cant remember where:confused:.

will go and have a scout around

van charges are supposed to be "reasonable" charges. obviously whats reasonable to the bailiff differs to the debtor.

The bailiff could argue that he had several men in the van for removal purposes etc. It can also vary depending on goods that may be removed ie large machinery etc

The only thing that was levied on was my peugeot expert van,but the bailiff did not come with a car trailer or anything that was suitable to remove the vehicle,he came in his white transit van the one he always drives and this is fact as I have been scouting around getting info on this particular bailiff because he is not a nice man to say the least and he was on his own!!!!

The only thing that was levied on was my peugeot expert van,but the bailiff did not come with a car trailer or anything that was suitable to remove the vehicle,he came in his white transit van the one he always drives and this is fact as I have been scouting around getting info on this particular bailiff because he is not a nice man to say the least and he was on his own!!!!

Is the van for your trade ? Is it sign written & have business insurance ?

These fees are dreadful and if anyone from this company is reading this then I can assure them that our office deals with bailiff queries all day and I personally do NOT know of any other company that charges fees of this amount.

Many applications have been taken to the courts for detailed assessment and once again I can assure you that the courts would NOT allow such charges.

Can you please find out from the company the dates that fees were applied. This is IMPORtant.

For the collection of Council Tax a bailiff can charge a MAXIMUM of two van charges......BUT for the second charge then goods MUST ACTUALLY BE REMOVED !!!

I would seriously consider making a formal complaint to the council as they are wholly responsible for the actions of their bailiffs and wholly responsible also for the fees that they charge !!!

Dear Tomtubby,firstly thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and finding the time to reply,I requested a blow by blow account of fees and added to the account so I will post them on Monday for you to look over (they are at my business premises didn't want to bring them home)thanks once again realized I ranted a little bit in my post,but I do appreciate any fedback positive or negative,thank you,

Hi KFCgravylover,do you mind if I ask what they were collecting for council tax or business rates and how much were the van charges that they put onto your account,thanks in advance 5yno

Hi KFCgravylover,do you mind if I ask what they were collecting for council tax or business rates and how much were the van charges that they put onto your account,thanks in advance 5yno

For the collection of Council Tax a bailiff can charge a MAXIMUM of two van charges......BUT for the second charge then goods MUST ACTUALLY BE REMOVED !!!

!!!

i am led to believe though that all the bailiff has to do is remove an item to the front door for this fee to be chargeable, as said bailiff has now performed the act of removing and can charge as such.

i am led to believe though that all the bailiff has to do is remove an item to the front door for this fee to be chargeable, as said bailiff has now performed the act of removing and can charge as such.

well it has to be removed off the debtors premises for the second van charge. But yes any item will do.

Hi there 5yno,

It was for a Council Tax debt. They attended our home, I refused them access, they spotted hubbys (clearly sign-written) van outside a local house. They attended there, spoke to his customer and hubby and then said they would take his van! He obviously refused.

They then returned to home address with letter stating the van had been levied and was to be seized within 5 days. I wrote explaining it was an illegal levy and so any enforcement charges need not apply. There was no specific van charge as such but there was an enforcement fee of £120.00 and a levy fee of £55.00 on the notice.

Thanks for reply,I think the enforcement fee is the same as attendance van fee somebody will let us know if they are the same were the bailiffs from Phoenix,my van fee was £285.00 as you've already probably seen,a couple of other Trafford residents were charged £95.00,£125.00,£170.00,so very varying charges, I am just trying to find out as many charges as possible as I want to confront Phoenix regarding my charge of £285.00,

No problem at all 5yno, the sooner someone stands up to these guys the better. I have to admit I was reluctant to ask for help and a bit ashamed as most people I know are fairly wealthy and this seems a bit taboo! Its about time the people of Trafford complained about Phoenix! I know I have done twice!!!

If you know of anyone else who have had dealings with phoenix in Trafford I would be really grateful if you would ask them to look at this post and leave a comment regarding there van charges,I used to be very private about my financial circumstances and ashamed to mention bailiffs but that is how they win,firstly you are just so releived that you have managed to pay the debt that you just want to forget about it all,and secondly they rely on people being to ashamed to discuss the fact that a bailiff has called,well not this time I intend to go as far as I can to becoming a thorn in the side of Phoenix,

Good for you!!

It's about time that we stood up to Phoenix. They have been using underhand tactics for years (they have had £2000 of charges off me). They have taken numerous van charges off me (Do you realise that Trafford brought in a ruling that Phoenix could not charge 2 van charges after April 2008). I am sure that this applies to many of you. PHONE THE COUNCIL AND ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DEFERRED BACK TO THEM IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE BAILIFF COMPANY.

PHOENIX HAVE PUSHED THE BOAT OUT.........

Phoenix have been adding pounds here and pounds there, also check....... if you paid by debit card, how much did they add? Was it £5.00. If that's the case, then o.k..... but in my case they added 5% to pay by debit card.

Lot's of dodgy dealings going on.

These people have got to stop.....and with our help we will stop them!!