• Tweets

• I came back home on Monday and found this Claim form in my letter box. In the light of what I have explained earlier in regards to this debt claim, can anyone tell if I have any chance fighting it in th Court. SW in the last conversation request the proof of me living somewhere else, which I can't provide. They have info from the landlord of property being rented to me, I was there on electoral register, had bank account opened on this address, Driving licence had this address etc., but I wasn't living there.      Name of the Claimant -  Southern Water services   Date of issue – 12/06/2019     Particulars of Claim   The Claimant is statutory...etc The Claimant claims the sum £969 for unpaid water and or sewerage charges payable under s. 142-144 of the act and the Claimant Charges Scheme. The unpaid sum of £969 is for period 01/04/2014 - 08/07/2015. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at daily rate of £0.21   What is the total value of the claim? £1423   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes Letter before Action   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  Yes, COA address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?    No, water charges   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Allegedly after - April 2012   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? No   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No, no anymore   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Southern Water - original creditor   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No.   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? Never. I wasn't aware of bills.   What was the date of your last payment? Never   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes, creditor did not take my notice of bills being wrongly issued in my name.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No  
    • If the case was brought before a UK civil court would UK rules apply or foreign rules?   I wonder if the original contract would strate what jurisdiction it's terms would be decided by?   I note that UK contracts frequently have a clause that says in so many words that any disputes  will be interpreted under UK law.
    • http://www.hadefpartners.com/News/333/Limitation-periods-in-the-United-Arab-Emirates   One of the key limitation periods to be aware of is the limitation period for a claim for breach of contract. We have been approached by many clients (including in-house counsel at large multinational and local companies, and even international law firms) who believe that the limitation period for a breach of contract (including a commercial contract) in the UAE is 15 years. What they are often not aware of is that the limitation period for commercial contracts (as set out in Federal Law 18 of 1993 (the “Commercial Code”)) is usually 10 years. Therefore, multi-million dollar claims dating back over more than 10 years may now be time-barred.   https://www.jstor.org/stable/3381662?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
    • how long did you sign up for ? if they claimed DD after that period …….
    • If this thread was started about your friend, please don't ask Q's about your dad or anyone else.   Keep this thread on track and use a new thread to discuss issues about YD, thanks.   Keeps thread simple and focused.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 184 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

This morning i have been sent a judgement for a debt to the sum of £29k i have completed all the paperwork regarding my BR which is on 23rd Feb 09, should i say imform the company who are claiming against me. i have included the debit within my BR and it is unscured debt as well.

Cheers

I would just inform them that you have petitioned your own BR nad it is due to be heard on 23/02 and the next correspondence that they will have will be from the OR

It depends on how nice the creditor was to you.

Personally I wouldn't bother writing as the OR will be doing that for you.

Bear in mind there is a miniscule possibility that the petition won't be granted.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I have just finished the BR papers ready for the 23rd Feb, total debt of £101k, i hve not informed any creditors yet iam letting the OR to inform them, so far all the creditors have been ok, i have spoken to few who seemed to confirm once the have the BR numbers / confirmation the debt will be written off, the secured creditors have also been ok so far.

I have got a question when i file the papers on 23rd Feb 2009 how long is it before iam BR is completed or will the OR confirm in writing. Also once iam BR or during the time after the court hearing can the creditors send debt collection companys to take our belongings such as TV , or household goods, i do not have any assets at all and we live in a rented house.

cheers

When your bankruptcy is declared in court you are bankrupt from that instant.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

My wife has asked when i have been made BR will all details be in my local papers etc

cheers

It will be in the local papers and the london gazette.

No one can come and take your things.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

As gizmo says it will be in your local papers. You should buy one and check out the Public Notices to see what actually goes into the notice - it will be in the Public Notices columns, probably along with many others.

You can also browse the London Gazette website to find out goes there. A listing is also made on the Government's Insolvency website but you can only search by name on that site so if you don't know anyone who is bankrupt then you can't see what's in there.

Quick Question, i have completed the form 6.27 & 6.28 and also applied for the court fee to be cancelled as iam on empolyment & Support, iam in court on monday morning at 9.30am are their any our forms i need to take ? , i have made the form live and sent the in the Insolventry service and iam hoping to the made BR on monday

just concerned if i have missed out anything

cheers

Hi All

Well just got back from the court hearing which was over in about 20mins the judge was fine very nice and even confirmed that the whole of the UK was in debt. The judge has issued a Bankruptcy Order on Debtors petition and stated todays date and time. I have spoken to the OR from the court and will be having a telephone interview on 11th March to confirm details.

they have stated my TSB account will not be frozen and they have on issue around the house due to no profits in it and the main lender is sorting the sale and tennant are paying the rent for the next few months.

But got home to lots of bills lol

Thanks for all the help

Cheers :) i can smile now or are their ways for the creditors to stop the BR ?

Cheers i can smile now or are their ways for the creditors to stop the BR ?

Keep smiling, there is nothing they can do:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

But got home to lots of bills lol

All to be forwarded to the OR.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just when i think its over, my creditor thats a gave a personal guarantee to the sum of £29k have called today chasing the money again, i informed them that my BR was granted in court on monday 23rd at 10.55am. but they stated that a personal guarantee can be chased after BR ? or are they trying it on again.

A couple of creditors hve informed me that the outstanding amount will be cleared etc etc but the large amounts ie £29k etc told me they will not stop chasing until its paid

iam having th telephone interview on the 11/3/09 with the OR and have inform them regarding this debt, is the creditor correct that a personal guanrantee debt is for life / until paid and not aloud to be in my BR

cheers

Hi, No the debt relates to a builders merchant trade account from a company, i gave a personal guarantee so the company could trade, the company has gone under thus chasing me. and it is not secured just a personal guarantee

cheers

Questions Questions but getting their !

I have got my telephone interview on 11th March which will take about 1hr they said, what details will they be asking and what happens after the interview, also after checking we have got a secured loan in joint names on the house no funds in the house to repay, now iam BR will they chase my wife ?

cheers

They'll ask you things like what you spent the money on, and go through some of your statements. They'll ask about your house and cars etc, and they'll go through your SOA and check item and let you know if there is going ot be a IPA.

Make sure you have as much info as possible in front of you.

Regards the secured loan what is happeneing to the house?

we are in a rented house at present and our house has tennants in it, the house is in a hugh negitive and dropped £50k off the selling price and been on the market for 1 year, rent is paid by the tennant direct to the lender now.

cheers

Today i have spoken to the OR regarding the house, to date we do not know what the house shortfall will be and we have had no offers at all in the last 12 months, or should i inform the OR and give them an estimate what it could be ?

Also with regard to the secured loans which are in joint names, now iam BR and if their is no money from the house will the loans become unsecured and chase payment from my wife ? now iam BR ?

Because if she has to repay that means another BR to sort out

cheers

Sorry to say it but as it is a joint loan and you are BR they will go after your wife for the balance

You have no idea what the shortfall will be at this stage. What did the OR say about the house - I really think you need to let it go.

Once the shortfall and your IPA is sorted you can plan for your wife to go BR.

In the meantime do not sign anything from the mortgage company.

great news NOT, i have had today a demand from HM Customs for company tax £19k which clearly can not be paid as iam now Br the company has not traded for 8 mths and due to be cleared from company house. Thye leaflet staes that unless the outstanding amount is paid they can enter our house and remove items ( joke )

where do i stand as or should i inform the OR regarding this invoice ( Company )

cheers

where do i stand as or should i inform the OR regarding this invoice ( Company )

yes inform him and it will be included.

Called the OR today and they informed me that any paperwork ie invoices can be sent to them asap, with regard to the house itself yes its gone their are tennants trenting it at present and not sure what the OR wants to do as its in neg by £30k or more, i have not informed the lender iam BR yet letting the OR sort it out, and had another CCJ confirmed today again that is inc in BR

Once my BR is completed and sorted out, my wife is filing for BR due to the joint loans etc, i have started the paperwork using the insolventry web filing

hope to have all sort soon

cheers