• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA credit card

Philip Hindley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just re read your tread from start to finish again!!!

Its absolutely great!!

Brilliant letters

Well done

del x

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil,

Well Done!

As always you're a great source of encouragement and inspiration (not to mention great entertainment!).

My 'journey' with MBNA will start shortly, thread to be started here. My court claims are currently going through for Mint and Capital One, so I'll probably wait for the outcome of those first.

Best Wishes

David

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and support.

Received a second cheque this morning, as was promised by Gareth Tunicliffe, on Thursday.

Can now afford to make a donation, start claims against the Alliance & Leicester and Lloyds TSB and take the kids on holiday for the first time in five years!

Good luck to everybody claiming against the banks, and DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!

Phil

have a GREAT holiday, Phil! We'll miss your wit on the boards, although I have saved it as pure inspiration!:D

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

have a GREAT holiday, Phil! We'll miss your wit on the boards, although I have saved it as pure inspiration!:D

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

We won't be packing the buckets and spades 'til mid August, so I've a lot of work to do before then.

I received a really snotty reply to the LBA letter I sent to the Alliance & Leicester three weeks ago, so they're now next on my list.

As soon as the cheques from MBNA clear I'll be starting my Moneyclaim against them (A&L, that is!)

Lloyds TSB have been trying to be nice to me since I sent them a LBA (its true, honest!), but ultimately it won't save them.

How these two work out depends on whether we end up in Blackpool (just down the M55) or somewhere hot(ter) and sunny(nier)!!!!

Watch this space (or, rather the A&L and Lloyds TSB threads)!!!

cheers

Phil

Great Phil! I will watch those boards with great interest.. Fellow Mac lover!! I couldn't agree more with your comments about them! I'd put PC's in the same room as banks and let them blow themselves up!!:D

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Well done Phil, Excellent result, your letters are a work of art and an inspiration. I'm still on count down for my copy of agreement but when the time comes I hope I can count on your letter writing skills for the correct wording.

The advice on this site is wonderful and with the help and support offered by everyone we must be giving the banks one hell of an headache. Isn't pay back a bitch.:D

Moneydownthedrain

Well done Phil, Excellent result, your letters are a work of art and an inspiration. I'm still on count down for my copy of agreement but when the time comes I hope I can count on your letter writing skills for the correct wording.

The advice on this site is wonderful and with the help and support offered by everyone we must be giving the banks one hell of an headache. Isn't pay back a bitch.:D

Moneydownthedrain

Dear Mdtd,

Thanks! Please feel free to use anything you feel appropriate.

I'd love to have been able to see the faces of some of the objectionable people I've written to when they realised that, what they had thought of as a minor irritation was in danger of turning into a major source of aggravation.

Some have been ok (see Gareth Tunicliffe, above) and although they've had to toe the party line, I hope, privately, they may have been amused at seeing their superiors treated with disdain and irreverence.

In previous postings I've expressed my opinion about the most valuable benefit given by this site: regardless of any financial return of illegitimate charges, to be rid of the shackles of guilt deliberately heaped on our shoulders by financial institutions when we fall on hard times, and to be able to turn the tables, has been one of the most uplifting and liberating experiences of my life.

The best of luck to you in your claims. You know where to come if you need help!

Phil

Dear Mdtd,

Thanks! Please feel free to use anything you feel appropriate.

I'd love to have been able to see the faces of some of the objectionable people I've written to when they realised that, what they had thought of as a minor irritation was in danger of turning into a major source of aggravation.

Some have been ok (see Gareth Tunicliffe, above) and although they've had to toe the party line, I hope, privately, they may have been amused at seeing their superiors treated with disdain and irreverence.

In previous postings I've expressed my opinion about the most valuable benefit given by this site: regardless of any financial return of illegitimate charges, to be rid of the shackles of guilt deliberately heaped on our shoulders by financial institutions when we fall on hard times, and to be able to turn the tables, has been one of the most uplifting and liberating experiences of my life.

The best of luck to you in your claims. You know where to come if you need help!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that, I will take you up on it later. Your 'shackles of guilt' statement is so true. In nearly all the telephone calls we received (which have fortunately stop - Thank God)

It was:- 'it is your debt' 'why have you reduced your payments'

'your account was always up to date, what went wrong' 'if you pay the oldest overdue amount, we will etc' Over and over again, the same questions only the accent was different. No one would listen to what I was telling them. It was so disheartening and many times damn well annoying. It was only when I told them, I couldn't pay any more and that I would just have to see them in court, it stopped.

COA letter - I've never known 12 days to take so long.... three down and counting...

Thanks again

MDTD

Still no word from mbna other than they will respond to my complain in 28 days!!!

Perhaps im too eager!!!

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Still no word from mbna other than they will respond to my complain in 28 days!!!

Perhaps im too eager!!!

Ooops sorry i posted this on the wrong thread!!!

that will teach me to try and be clever and do two things at once!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey heckmondmike,

Just caught your post.

Still looking for the telephone number? I found it in an earlier related thread.

MBNA CUSTOMER ADVOCATE OFFICE - 01244 672628.

I haven't called them myself as yet, I'm planning a Data Protection Act letter for initial contact.

Let me know how you get on, I'll be keeping my eye on the MBNA threads.

• Haha 1

catherious

Keep fighting the good fight!!

• 1 month later...

I have a bit of a dilema that maybe someone could help me with, i have entered into an agreement with mbna where they have agreed to stop interest for the time being due to loss of income divorce etc , would i upset this agreement by claiming my charges or should i just be grateful for their help on this occasion many thnks

I have a bit of a dilema that maybe someone could help me with, i have entered into an agreement with mbna where they have agreed to stop interest for the time being due to loss of income divorce etc , would i upset this agreement by claiming my charges or should i just be grateful for their help on this occasion many thnks

Hi Hoople!

Do you know how much of your debt is made up of MBNA's charges?

If you can arrive at an amount from your past statements, it would help you weigh up the pros and cons of commencing an action to have those charges refunded.

My reasoning would be that, whatever charges MBNA have imposed in the past, those charges are unlawful, and, to add insult to injury, they will have charged you interest on YOUR money AND will continue to do so in the future.

However, only you , when you have worked out the sums, will be able to decide whether or not to proceed.

Of course, if you do nothing now, there is nothing to stop you making a claim in the future, unless there are any changes in the law.

Good luck, and I hope things turn around for the better in the near future.

Phil

hoople, i was in an agreement too and had over half of my balance wiped out due to charges and interest. im now in a position to go back within my terms and conditions. But everyone is different so do the maths and work out how much you have been charged and look to recover the money, then look at whether the agreement is still the best for you.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

Hi Phil

Just came across this thread and read straight through, very interesting.

I've just managed to get a full refund from Black Horse. I'm now trying same with MBNA; bit of a problem though and I thought you might be able to assist. My MBNA debt is from quite a while ago (might squeeze in 1 or 2 years charges) but was sold (I assume) on to Wescot. Do I claim the charges back from Wescot as I assume MBNA do not officially hold the debt? I am about to send off a CCA to Wescot for a copy of my original agreement (if they own the debt they should have this) and hopefully they will enclose a Deed of Assignment. I want to make sure that there is a debt to be repaid (obviously there is as I am paying little bits off) but if there is no credit agreement, there can't be a debt and I shouldn't be reclaiming charges on a debt that doesn't exist. Any thoughts? I may be trying to be unscrupulous which is not normally in my nature but this is something the banks have been doing for years!

Cheers

Hi everyone. Pombix here.I have found this great site via a friend of mine. My first Q is how do I create a THREAD thing

Hi Pombix,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I haven't replied before. I've had a busy day!

To start a new thread:

1. Select the forum for the instutution from which you are seeking re-imbursement.

2. At the very bottom left, at the end of the first page of listed threads, click on the box that says NEW THREAD.

Type in your query, request for help or story and follow the directions.

Look forward to reading your thread soon,

regards

Phil

Hi Phil

Just came across this thread and read straight through, very interesting.

I've just managed to get a full refund from Black Horse. I'm now trying same with MBNA; bit of a problem though and I thought you might be able to assist. My MBNA debt is from quite a while ago (might squeeze in 1 or 2 years charges) but was sold (I assume) on to Wescot. Do I claim the charges back from Wescot as I assume MBNA do not officially hold the debt? I am about to send off a CCA to Wescot for a copy of my original agreement (if they own the debt they should have this) and hopefully they will enclose a Deed of Assignment. I want to make sure that there is a debt to be repaid (obviously there is as I am paying little bits off) but if there is no credit agreement, there can't be a debt and I shouldn't be reclaiming charges on a debt that doesn't exist. Any thoughts? I may be trying to be unscrupulous which is not normally in my nature but this is something the banks have been doing for years!

Cheers

Hi Joe,

As you will have observed, your scenario is very similar to the one which I had with MBNA, except that my debt was sold on to First Direct.

I've been too busy chasing the re-imbursement of charges from other banks to sort out First Direct yet, so you are ahead of me on that one, but their turn will come!

MBNA were the people who imposed their unlawful charges on you, in the first place, and then charged you interest on those charges.

Whatever sum they sold your debt for, will have been related to your total outstanding debt, according to their accounting.

If they consider that they made a loss, then they will have been compensated by paying a reduced amount of tax.

Therefore, I would have no hesitation in claiming back from MBNA the full amount of their charges, plus contractual interest.

This is what I did, and, as you know, received a repayment in full ( having, of course, been given the initial brush-off).

Once that is sorted out, you can go after Westcot, and it may well be worth pursuing the legality of their claim on you. I seem to remember it was, I think, Surreyscouse, who was making a similar argument to yours.

I will be interested to know how you go on, and, if you get a positive outcome, I may be seeking your advice.

cheers

Phil

Cheers Phil

Should I wait until Wescot reply before approaching MBNA.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I wouldn't.

Treat them as completely separate claims, and don't let them try to pass the buck from one to the other.

In essence: MBNA imposed the charges; they should repay them: Westcot may not have a legitimate claim on you; it is up to them to prove it.

cheers

Phil

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks