D.C.A charges

damjef
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody, I have scoured through the threads to find an answer for

a breif question with out any joy....

Can a D.C.A just turn up at your home with out prior notification of their visit and charge you for that visit?

Circumstance surrounding the event, money owed to third party, third party notified that payment would be made on such a date, third party just took it to court. received a letter from the court stating that debt needed to be paid and court costs were applied. In the mean time the debt was paid minus the court costs (which was a genuine oversight)

In the mean time a D.C.A has just turned up out of the blue to collect the full debt on three occassions and has tried to add £25 to the debt for each visit. On the first visit they were told and it was proven that the debt had been paid.

On the last visit they finally accepted this but said you still owe court costs and our admin fees, Have told the Collector to put it in writing and go away. (incedently the court costs were paid after the second visit)

Thanks in advance...

Can a D.C.A just turn up at your home with out prior notification of their visit and charge you for that visit?

NOT A CHANCE

Circumstance surrounding the event, money owed to third party, third party notified that payment would be made on such a date, third party just took it to court. received a letter from the court stating that debt needed to be paid and court costs were applied. In the mean time the debt was paid minus the court costs (which was a genuine oversight)

In the mean time a D.C.A has just turned up out of the blue to collect the full debt on three occassions and has tried to add £25 to the debt for each visit. On the first visit they were told and it was proven that the debt had been paid.

On the last visit they finally accepted this but said you still owe court costs and our admin fees, Have told the Collector to put it in writing and go away. (incedently the court costs were paid after the second visit)

Thanks in advance...

CCA them and see what turns up,if anything.....

who are the DCA?

DCAs cannot add anything for doorstep collections and they shouldn't even be there without your permission. Next time somone comes, tell them to leave and, if they don't, call the police - they are trespassing. Report whichever DCA this is to the OFT and this breach of OFT guidelines will be added to their file. It all counts towards the current drive to get DCAs to adhere to the law and guidelines and it also counts when they come to renew their consumer credit licences.

Debt collectors CANNOT charge you anything that is not in the original agreement. Doorstep collections by moronic nitwits isn't included

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Hello,

Many Thanks for your Replies, I might have messed my post up a little and got my terminology wrong! Apologies for wasting your time!! :oops: :oops:

I stated 'D.C.A' I should have said 'Bailiff'. On looking around I came across this link and answered my own question. The collection people where from Bristow & Sutor. (Council Tax Collection)

Dam