Worth Claiming?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two years ago I was given a goodwill payment of £1400 after I filed a court claim for bank charges.

I've operated the account perfectly since then. Actually, during last summer some organisation took a DD when they shouldn't have; the account was empty and I got charged. When I complained they refunded me it as goodwill. So *I* have operated the account perfectly but it still shows a goodwill charge refund, with no reason attached sadly.

This particular account I use mainly for work travelling expenses. My employer has provided me with a company credit card; they pay my expenses into this account and the credit card DD comes out. If I've done some driving then there is usually a bit left over due to the mileage rate being greater then the cost of the fuel used.

I haven't been travelling with work for a while so the account was almost empty.

Ages ago I bought a couple of bits off eBay. I also have my Paypal linked to this account, so anything I sell goes into here and I use it to buy stuff.

For some reason Paypal took forever to process the payment. I hadn't noticed the payment wasn't taken (two items; one of them was taken, the other wasn't). I then bought something else off eBay, checked my account balance and paid using Paypal. Just before Paypal took the payment for this item, the original popped up. It was only for about £6 but it meant that my account was £3 short for the latest purchase; i was rejected and Halifax charged me £35. I transferred £35 into my account before the charge appeared to avoid e.g. unauthorised overdraft fees; perfect customer as far as Halifax is concerned I guess.

So basically, they charged me £35 due to a £3 transgression. I phoned them up and asked for a refund, but since I'd already had a goodwill refund back in the summer (3rd party error, remember, ffs) they wouldn't refund on this occasion.

Do you reckon it's worth going down the route of putting a claim in? I'm just a bit miffed that £3 cost me £35...