will close account, but I can't withdrw the money

yeahten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

During this weekend went to the cashmachine to withdraw money but stayed without my Barclays card! I thought it was any code error. Today went to the branch to get my card, but they new customer service gave a number to call...As I needed to withdraw money, went to the counter to withdraw 50£.. The counter said to me that I didn't had that amount available...to my suprise cause I have in my account at least 315£ and said I should receive a letter...Went home no letter, went back to the branch and another lady came and she printed me the letter that I will receive, which says that they will close my account and to withdraw the money I have in the account but the lady said that I only have 1£, and she was calling to someone and writting the amount on the paper 315£ but then she said that I only have 1£ available. She said to call to a number...and I'll do it this week cause my account will close 12 February.How can this happen? Can you give me a brief explanation, cause I don't have anykind of problems with bank or credit. This account has 2 months.

Sincerely

We can't give any explanation. You wil have to find out from your bank and let us kow. That way we may be able to give you some advice.

You sould certainly write an immediate letter of compaint and send it to the customer srvices.

Don't expect any rapid action or solution.

They are not interested in customer service

Hi Yeahten and welcome to CAG.

If this means you have no money just now, go into your branch (if you have a local branch) and ask politely but firmly to see a senior member of staff.

Tell them you require an explanation of exactly why you cannot access your money, when you KNOW you should have over £300 in the account.

Tell them you cannot afford to wait for an explanation sometime in writing. They ARE able to tell you what has happened at the branch but choose not to. You have a right to know why your card was retained.

Take some photo ID with you like a passport, and a gas or electric bill to show your address.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)