Miss Jackson, I have your cheque

monkeybone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a big pile of printouts from MBNA. The covering letter says "On this occasion we have supplied this information free of charge, therefore, please also find enclosed your £10 cheque."

The thing is, I never sent them a £10 cheque in the first place, nor did I offer to.

I looked for the cheque, and sure enough there is a returned cheque in the envelope for a Miss Jackson - someone I have never heard of.

I guess the strain of dealing with all of us is confusing MBNA.

If you are a Miss Jackson and you sent MBNA a £10 cheque, send me a message.

MBNA - Full statements received (Looking for more than £406)

Nationwide BS - Statements received (More than £900)

Nationwide Credit Card - Awaiting statement (More than £400)

Accucard - Awaiting statement (More then £300)

Halifax Card - LBA £450

Shell Visa - Awaiting statement (More than £300)

Cahoot - Statement arrived - calculating total (More than £350)

GE Money - LBA (More than £400)

Ikano - Awaiting statement (More than £300)

If Miss Jackson doesn't reply on here, and you want to return her cheque, you can send it to her bank with a covering note and they'll forward it to her.

If for some reason there's no address on the cheque, pm me with the sort code and I'll find it for you.

just wanted to add...Miss Jackson would have grounds for a complaint to MBNA on the grounds that they have disclosed her banking details to a third party by sending you the cheque. She may wish to make a complaint to MBNA regarding this along with a request for compensation.

You are duty bound to return this cheque as soon as possible. Put it into an envelope addressed to the owner by name with the number of the account with a full note explaining how you got it and giving our website address. You should mark the envelope strictly private and confidential and give it to the owner's bank with a note asking them to send it to the account owner.

Also complain to the Information Commissioner and explain exactly what has happened.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You are duty bound to return this cheque as soon as possible. Put it into an envelope addressed to the owner by name with the number of the account with a full note explaining how you got it and giving our website address. You should mark the envelope strictly private and confidential and give it to the owner's bank with a note asking them to send it to the account owner.

That's exactly what I have done. The bank branch's address was on the cheque, and I have sent it with a covering letter, so she can receive an explanation.

MBNA - Full statements received (Looking for more than £406)

Nationwide BS - Statements received (More than £900)

Nationwide Credit Card - Awaiting statement (More than £400)

Accucard - Awaiting statement (More then £300)

Halifax Card - LBA £450

Shell Visa - Awaiting statement (More than £300)

Cahoot - Statement arrived - calculating total (More than £350)

GE Money - LBA (More than £400)

Ikano - Awaiting statement (More than £300)

they havent returned my cheque or carnt tell me where it is either!!

they were just concerned about had it been cashed or not!! if any one gets my cheque let me know please!!