Capital One agree to £300 refund!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending 3 letters demanding the reimbursment of PPi premiums totaling £375, Capital One have agreed to a 'goodwill' refund of £300 though they do not admit any liability and I have to sign a letter to say this is the end of the matter!

Can I insist that they pay me via cheque instead of having the refund 'credited' to my Disputed Account? or is that being too cheeky:idea::rolleyes:

Jendoc

Hi, jendoc.

You could always give it a shot. I really don't know, with HBOS they gave some of my refunded charges to the DCA that was chasing me :rolleyes:

Good luck with that ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

After sending 3 letters demanding the reimbursment of PPi premiums totaling £375, Capital One have agreed to a 'goodwill' refund of £300 though they do not admit any liability and I have to sign a letter to say this is the end of the matter!

Can I insist that they pay me via cheque instead of having the refund 'credited' to my Disputed Account? or is that being too cheeky:idea::rolleyes:

Jendoc

All you need to do is you make it clear, that payment by cheque is a pre-condition of you accepting their offer.

You are under NO obligation to accept any offer or any conditions they are seeking to attach to it. Everything is up for negotiation.

If you do want to accept the offer, you should do so in a "Without Prejudice" letter that addresses no other matter, and which does not (inadvertently) acknowledge or admit the debt.

and I have to sign a letter to say this is the end of the matter!

In Skeptical world, this sets off alarm bells.

You need to be sure that you have calculated your potential PPI claim, correctly... because £300 is a very small amount of money in litigation terms and the experience of other caggers suggests that Capital One don't usually settle without, at least, proceedings being issued. Do you think they are settling because it is commercially sensible for them to do so or because they think they are getting a "good" deal?

You also need to be very careful that any compromise of the PPI "claim" does not prejudice your ability to pursue/defend any other claim arising from the agreement e.g. a claim arising from unlawful data processing or a defence to a claim on the basis of an improperly executed CCA. Whilst this is unlikely to be effective... probably best to avoid open such a can of worms.

Edited by skeptic
rubbish grammar

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

urm thats what i was thinking...just £300 for a PPI

did you add the 8% to your claim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...