Whos won money from FD?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Im reading through loads of threads of people in the same position as me... in the middle of claiming against FD but am finding it difficult to find actual success stories (though I know they are many out there somewhere). Ive just received a letter from DG Solicitors offering me half of my original claim and Im now in the position where Im wondering which way to turn. I therefore thought a thread detailing brief stories of how people succeeded would be in order, to help others like me. Ok, so who's first to boast of their success????? .............

Hi. Im reading through loads of threads of people in the same position as me... in the middle of claiming against FD but am finding it difficult to find actual success stories (though I know they are many out there somewhere). Ive just received a letter from DG Solicitors offering me half of my original claim and Im now in the position where Im wondering which way to turn. I therefore thought a thread detailing brief stories of how people succeeded would be in order, to help others like me. Ok, so who's first to boast of their success????? .............

I got my money back after the very first letter (but it wasn't for a lot of money). Do not accept anything less than what you've claimes for.

OP - have a read of my thread. I started my claim as a complete newbie and had no knowledge whatsoever other than what I've learned from CAG.

The link is in my sig, below...

good luck!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Hi

i had an offer from FD for half my claim .........i refused it and within 2 days they offered the full amount

hang in there not long now:razz:

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

anyone had deboragh d'aubney as there DG solicitor - i cannot get hold of her at all, i swear her answerphone is on permenantly lol

keep thinking they will say they havent had my responce

Yes thats the one.......just send a letter refusing the offer and like i say within a couple of days you will recieve a full refund

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

I sent a letter back last week so they should have had it by now. tried to call her for the past two days to check she has had it. ive left a mesage now asking her to call me at 2.30 ...........i really dont think she will

What letter did you send? was it a offer refusal?

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

I know a lot do that but i just refused the half offer.............you will get the full offer if not tomorrow by weekend im sure

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

We sent our 1st letter to FD on 19 July, we received a cheque this morning for £706!! They have deducted £80 in interest that we also asked for, but we are just so pleased with their promptness (in comparison to other banks and CC companies) that we agreed to take the money.

Successes:

First Direct £706 paid in full 28 July 2006 (within 40 days of 1st letter!!)

I Won! £691.50 Settled In Full After First Letter!

FD £691.50 SETTLED IN FULL £691.50 :D

FD CREDIT CARD £75, SETTLED IN FULL £75 :D

MBNA CREDIT CARD £1784 SETTLED IN FULL :D

BARCLAYCARD . . .£500 BACK SO FAR . . NOW OFF TO COURT FOR MY OTHER £1200

PLEASE BE AWARE . . .MY OPINION IS JUST THAT . . IF IN DOUBT SEEK QUALIFIED LEGAL ADVICE x