Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4401 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I am moving address and had requested for a balance on my account with Edinburgh City Council. When I first moved to the property it was myself and my girlfriend. She unfortunately left the property at the start of the year.


I have been paying the tax myself from start to finish from my bank account as a direct debit and I'm in credit. They informed me that I will only be due half of the amount as it was in 2 names. I'm no longer in contact with my ex girlfriend and therefor I can't ask her to write to them. I've paid it the whole time and was honest enough to have 2 people on the account rather than one for the single persons discount and now it seems I'm better off than lying about it next time.


I can understand their side and views and why they do it this way but can anyone help or advise me on this please?



Link to post
Share on other sites

Get back in contact with City of Edinburgh and tell them that as the payments have been coming out of your own rather than a joint bank account then you should be given all of the refund. They won't need proof, they'll have your details on their system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...