Virgin's Disconnection Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just informed virgin media that in 4days I am moving properties which already has virgin media and therefor I do not need to take my services with me. I've been with them for 4years now and I have a huge package with them.

I didn't renew my contract and for some months and now they tell me there will be a charge of £60something pounds ontop of my final bill for not giving them 30days notice.

I informed them that I refuse to pay it and they quote that its contractual even though I dont have one. I think it's disgusting that they can do this.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way of getting round it? any help or advise would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

As you are well outside the minimum contract period, your ONLY requirement is to give them 30 days notice, which is fair and reasonable. This will allow them to cancel your services and arrange for the equipment to be recovered and the final bill generated.

If you hadn't given them 30 days notice because you didn't know yourself, then that is unfortunate but that's the way the cookie crumbles. A useful alternative is to downgrade all your services, slowest BB, minimum package etc which will take place immediately, and will allow a reduced final bill for these